Re: [MMSEM] Agenda 12th April Telecon 1600 UTC

Regrets for today, i am in berlin at the Semantic Desktop workshop.

About my action point, explain about the use case involving automatic
creation ofa  playlist, I think its an interesting one. It has to do with
the interoperability of metadata requirements which concern a possible
algorithm wich has to create playlist for a commuter.
The commuter knows more or less how long it is going to be, say 50 minutes.
The system takes into consideration metadata and informatioon of all sort in
order to provide the best services.
It accesses the users' music collection, it looks at *lirics* for keywords
which might link a mail to a piece of news downloaded via RSS (and text to
speached) or to an email (from specific adddresses marked as important by
the user) or among themselves. MPEG low level metadata is used to create a
continuous mood of songs (say auto dj) with no abrupt diruptions. Also they
might try to fit the mood of a news. Audiobooks might be interlieves (which
also have text description usually) or lessions so that the user might
interlieve entertainment with cultural relevant things and information.

I have a master student at Universita Politecnica delle Marche working on
this now. There are works at deri involved with semantic music podcasts,
obviously Oscar work would get into it. For this XG we just care about the
semantic interoperability so that will come for the next one : ACTION
Giovanni to complete the descriptio nand the solution of the Semantic
Playlist generation

Again sorry for my absence, thak to you next time.
Giovanni