W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > April 2007

Re: [MMSEM] Agenda 12th April Telecon 1600 UTC

From: Giovanni Tummarello <g.tummarello@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 17:53:40 +0200
Message-ID: <210271540704120853t527fed22kcf1065f84b74cb09@mail.gmail.com>
To: "MMSem-XG Public List" <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Regrets for today, i am in berlin at the Semantic Desktop workshop.

About my action point, explain about the use case involving automatic
creation ofa  playlist, I think its an interesting one. It has to do with
the interoperability of metadata requirements which concern a possible
algorithm wich has to create playlist for a commuter.
The commuter knows more or less how long it is going to be, say 50 minutes.
The system takes into consideration metadata and informatioon of all sort in
order to provide the best services.
It accesses the users' music collection, it looks at *lirics* for keywords
which might link a mail to a piece of news downloaded via RSS (and text to
speached) or to an email (from specific adddresses marked as important by
the user) or among themselves. MPEG low level metadata is used to create a
continuous mood of songs (say auto dj) with no abrupt diruptions. Also they
might try to fit the mood of a news. Audiobooks might be interlieves (which
also have text description usually) or lessions so that the user might
interlieve entertainment with cultural relevant things and information.

I have a master student at Universita Politecnica delle Marche working on
this now. There are works at deri involved with semantic music podcasts,
obviously Oscar work would get into it. For this XG we just care about the
semantic interoperability so that will come for the next one : ACTION
Giovanni to complete the descriptio nand the solution of the Semantic
Playlist generation

Again sorry for my absence, thak to you next time.
Giovanni



On 4/12/07, RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl> wrote:
>
>
> Dear MMSEMers,
>
> Sorry for this late notice. Please find below the agenda of the Today
> telecon ...
>
> For the ones who will not be able to make the telecon and therefore who
> plans to send regrets, please, send to the public mailling list _prior_
> to the telecon an update status of your Action Points!
>
> Best regards.
>
>         Jeff and RaphaŽl
>
> ---------------------------
>
> AGENDA Teleconference
> W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
> 12th March 2007, 1600 UTC
>                 0900 (West US)
>                 1200 (East US)
>                 1700 (London)
>                 1800 (Amsterdam, Berlin)
>                 1900 (Athens)
> Duration: 60 min
>
> ZAKIM Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 (USA), +33.4.89.06.34.99 (France),
> +44.117.370.6152 (UK), conference code 66736# ('MMSEM')
>
> IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #mmsem Web-based IRC
> (member-only):
>          http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
> Chair: Jeff, Raphael
> Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)
> Regret:
>
> Please note that MMSEM XG telecons are for attendance by members and
> invited experts only.
>
> 1. ADMIN
>
> Roll call
> Regrets:
>
> PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 29th March 2007 telecon:
>     http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html
> + addendum by Jeff:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0037.html
> Next telecon scheduled: 26th April 2007
>
> 2. Future of the XG
>
>   ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to ask W3C what will happen with wiki after
> the end of XG [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
>   DONE: (answer from the sysreq team) the wiki will not disappear and we
> will have write access for editing pages. We can transfer this task to
> another W3C activity if such activity would exist in some future.
>
>   ACTION: Jeff and Raphael to contact W3C about extending XG [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action16]
>   DONE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0036.html
>
>   ACTION: Jeff, Raphael and Erik to ask written W3C about formal written
> request [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
>
> 3. LINKS Pages
>
> Vocabularies page, see:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Vocabularies
>   ACTION: Michael to prepare a stable TR Voc page for review by next
> telecon [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
>
> Resources/Tools page, see:
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources
>   ACTION: Zeljko to rephrase the introduction to tools classifications
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
>   DONE: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tools_and_Resources
>
>   ACTION: Zeljko to rise discussion on links between tool and use cases
> pages [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
>   DONE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0019.html
>
> 4. Image Annotation on the Semantic Web Deliverable
>
>   ACTION: Raphael to mail to the list notification for publication
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
>   PENDING
>
> 5. Interoperability Deliverable
>
> 5.1 Structure (Vassilis, Jeff)
>
>   ACTION: Jeff and Vasilis to fill 3.1 and 3.2 [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
>
> 5.2 Music Use case: (Oscar)
>
>   ACTION: Giovanni to explain in more detail parts of the music use
> case, defining how to generate play lists [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
>   ACTION: Oscar to update a possible scenario with classical music
> (thanks to Ivan Herman) [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]
>   ACTION: Oscar to update the UC and the interop deliverable [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2007/03/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
>
> 5.3 News Use case: (Thierry, Chris, Raphael)
>
>    ACTION: Chris, Thierry and Raphael to update the UC and the interop
> deliverable [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/02/01-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
>
> 5.4 Photo Use case: (Susanne Boll, Erik Mannens)
>
>    ACTION: Erik to send the URL of the DIG35 OWL Schema by the next
> telecon [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
>
> 5.5 Tagging Use case: (George, Thomas, Raphael)
>
> 5.6 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Suzanne, Patrizia,
> Ovidio)
>
>   ACTION: Jeff to finish a review in one week [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
>   DONE:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Apr/0020.html
>
>   ACTION: Vassilis to review algorithm representation UC [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/03/29-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]
>
> 5.7 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis, Sofia)
>
>    Review of Susanne Little:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0024.html
>    Review of Vassilis:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0038.html
>    Reply from Ioannis/Sofia
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2007Mar/0065.html
>
> 6. MPEG-7 Deliverable
>
>   ACTION: Oscar, Stamatia, Raphael, Suzanne, Chrisa, Michael to have
> MPEG-7 deliverable ready for review by next telecon [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/02/15-mmsem-minutes.html#action20]
>
> 7. AOB
>
> --
> RaphaŽl Troncy
> CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
> Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
> e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
> Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
> Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
> Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
Received on Thursday, 12 April 2007 15:54:02 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:21 GMT