Re: Finding News Taxonomies [was: RE: Towards a TAG consideration of CURIEs]

From: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 17:05:50 -0400
To: "Booth, David (HP Software - Boston)" <dbooth@hp.com>
Cc: John Cowan <cowan@ccil.org>, Misha Wolf <Misha.Wolf@reuters.com>, Richard Cyganiak <richard@cyganiak.de>, www-tag@w3.org, semantic-web@w3.org, public-xg-mmsem@w3.org, newsml-g2@yahoogroups.com

Booth, David (HP Software - Boston) scripsit:

> I guess an approach that depends on routinely ignoring xml:id processing
> errors and not validating the XML does not seem to me like a wise design
> choice,

A matter of opinion and/or taste.  People do routinely work with invalid
XML documents, which is the whole reason for introducing xml:id;
xml:id processing errors reintroduce a little bit of validity, which is
why processors SHOULD report them for those who care.  But there is
no MUSTard about what XML applications do with such errors.

John Cowan  cowan@ccil.org  http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Does anybody want any flotsam? / I've gotsam.
Does anybody want any jetsam? / I can getsam.
        --Ogden Nash, No Doctors Today, Thank You