W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > September 2006

Agenda 2 October Telecon 1600 UTC

From: VassilisTzouvaras <tzouvaras@image.ntua.gr>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:56:17 +0300
Message-Id: <200609282056.k8SKuJPY001429@manolito.image.ece.ntua.gr>
To: <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Done.

 

 

AGENDA Teleconference

W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group

2 October 2006, 1600 UTC

                0900 (West US)

                1200 (East US)

                1700 (London)

                1800 (Amsterdam, Berlin)

                1900 (Athens)

Duration: 60 min

 

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 66736# ('MMSEM') IRC Chat:
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #mmsem Web-based IRC (member-only):

         http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc

 

Chair: Vassilis/Jacco

Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)

 

Please note that MMSEM XG telecons are for attendance by members and invited
experts only.

 

1. ADMIN

 

Roll call

Regrets: Raphael Troncy, Susanne Boll, Yannis Avrithis, Thomas Franz,
Thierry Declerk, Paola Hobson, Ioannis Pratikakis, Jeff Z. Pan

 

PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 14 September 2006 telecon:

    http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html

 

PROPOSED next telecon 13 October 2006

 

2. LIAISON (SWBPD)

 

   ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the

MPEG7 liason attempts after a visit of ITI in Austria [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

   DONE:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Sep/0022.html

 

   ACTION: Chairs to contact UPF [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

 

   Issue: There are several empty pages on the Wiki talking about
Vocabularies, Tools, and Resources (see:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/resources/).

The idea was to take back the work initiated by the MM TF and maintain these
web pages on the Wiki.

Giovanni and Christian have volunteer to maintain the "Tools" web page.

Another call for volunteers for the other web pages ? How we should proceed
?

 

3. XG UPDATES

 

   ACTION: All to make sure you have your homepage on the XG wiki
(preferably in RDF) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]

Some participants have not yet their web page up !

 

   ACTION: Ovidio, Stamatia to review

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html  before mid
October teleconf [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

 

   ACTION: Vassilis to prepare structure for all use cases by next Monday
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

   DONE:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Sep/0026.html

 

   ACTION: Vassilis et al to inform group by mail about the time table for
this use case [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]

 

   ACTION: Patrizia and Massimo: report on similarities among use cases
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]

 

 

Interoperability Problems (5 use cases):

----------------------------------------

 

 3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Christian, Thierry)

 

   ACTION: George and Raphael to review music use case by next teleconf
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

 

 3.2 Bio-medical Image Use case: (Melliyal)

 

   ACTION: Melli to set up a web demo for 28 September teleconf [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

 

 3.3 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case: (Stamatia, Yiannis,

Michael)

 

 3.4 Low level feature extraction Use case: (Ioannis, addition by

Susanne)

 

 3.5 Semantics from Multimedia Authoring Use case: (Susanne) and Tagging Use
case: (George, Susanne, Thomas)

 

   ACTION: Michael and Stamatia to review tagging use case for next teleconf
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]

   DONE:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tagging_Use_Case_Review

 

 

Knowledge Representation Problems (1 use case):

-----------------------------------------------

 

 3.7 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Patrizia, Ovidio)

 

4. Future Meetings:

 

   ACTION: chairs to set up questionnaire before next teleconf [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

 

5. AOB

 

--

Regards,

Vassilis Tzouvaras
Received on Thursday, 28 September 2006 20:56:26 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:20 GMT