W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > September 2006

RE: Agenda 14 September Telecon 1600 UTC

From: Hausenblas, Michael <michael.hausenblas@joanneum.at>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:29:18 +0200
Message-ID: <768DACDC356ED04EA1F1130F97D29852DBCA54@RZJC2EX.jr1.local>
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: "MMSem-XG Public List" <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>


RaphaŽl, All,

First I'd like to volunteer for reviewing use case 3.2 (News), and second
(if it is not to late :) I'd like to suggest to add another item to the agenda:

 Name:	'A meta-view on use cases' , based on
		http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Ontological_Commitments

 Reason:	To discuss if it is worth elaborating on it.

Cheers,
	Michael

----------------------------------------------------------
 Michael Hausenblas, MSc.
 Institute of Information Systems & Information Management
 JOANNEUM RESEARCH Forschungsgesellschaft mbH
  
 http://www.joanneum.at/iis/
----------------------------------------------------------
 

>-----Original Message-----
>From: public-xg-mmsem-request@w3.org 
>[mailto:public-xg-mmsem-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of RaphaŽl Troncy
>Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2006 9:59 PM
>To: MMSem-XG Public List
>Subject: Agenda 14 September Telecon 1600 UTC
>
>
>AGENDA Teleconference
>W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
>14 September 2006, 1600 UTC
>                0900 (West US)
>                1200 (East US)
>                1700 (London)
>                1800 (Amsterdam, Berlin)
>                1900 (Athens)
>Duration: 60 min
>
>Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 66736# ('MMSEM')
>IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #mmsem
>Web-based IRC (member-only):
>         http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
>Chair: RaphaŽl Troncy
>Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)
>
>Please note that MMSEM XG telecons are for attendance by members and
>invited experts only.
>
>1. ADMIN
>
>Roll call
>Regrets: Jeff Z. Pan
>
>PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 31 August 2006 telecon:
>    http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html
>
>PROPOSED next telecon 28 September 2006
>
>2. LIAISON (SWBPD)
>
>   ACTION: Yannis to report back to the group about the outcome of the
>MPEG7 liason attempts after a visit of ITI in Austria [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
>
>   The "Image annotation on the Semantic Web" Working Draft 
>has now been
>fully revised. There is an issue with respect to its publication that
>should be discussed.
>
>3. XG UPDATES
>
>   ACTION: ALL should have her/his web page (preferably in RDF) on the
>WIKI. [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/08/31-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
>
>It is expected that each participant of the various use cases report on
>their activity and their working plan. For the ones that are not yet
>tracked in one or more use cases, it is expected that they state their
>interest in an existing use case or propose a new one.
>
>Call for reviewer: the members of this XG should be volunteer to review
>one use case in which they do not directly participate. Each use case
>should have one or two reviewers.
>
>Interoperability Problems (6 use cases):
>
> 3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Christian, Thierry)
>
> 3.2 News Use case: (Raphael, Thierry, IPTC)
>
> 3.3 Media Production Use case: (Vassilis)
>
> 3.4 Bio-medical Image Use case: (Melliyal)
>
> 3.5 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case: (Stamatia, Yiannis,
>Michael)
>
> 3.6 Semantics from Multimedia Authoring Use case: (Susanne)
>and  Tagging Use case: (George, Susanne, Thomas)
>
>Knowledge Representation Problems (2 use cases):
>
> 3.7 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Patrizia, Ovidio)
>
> 3.8 Low level feature extraction Use case: (Ioannis, Vasileios ...
>addition by Susanne)
>
>4. Future Metings:
>
>   ACTION: Jeff, Raphael to contact Yannis for the practical SAMT
>details [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/07/20-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
>   DONE:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Sep/0006.html
>
>5. AOB
>
>--
>RaphaŽl Troncy
>CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
>Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
>Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
>Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
>Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
>
>
Received on Thursday, 14 September 2006 07:29:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:19 GMT