W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > October 2006

[MMSEM] Telecon minutes of 26/10/2006

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:07:12 +0200
Message-ID: <4540EB3F.BA1E5EB@cwi.nl>
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>

Dear all,

The minutes of today's meeting are at
    http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html
Please, note that the next telecon is scheduled for Thursday 16/11/2006,
16:00 UTC
Jeff will organize an informal F2F meeting during ISWC 2006 in Athens,
Georgia, USA.

The minutes are also reproduced below ...
Best.

    RaphaŽl

---------------------

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

      W3C Multimedia Semantics XG - Telecon 26-10-2006, 16:00 UTC

26 Oct 2006

   [2]Agenda

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0053.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Raphael, Jacco, Jeff, Chris, Giovanni, Ovidio, Massimo,
          Suzanne, Yiannis

   Regrets
          Thomas_Franz, Susanne_Boll, Paola_Hobson, Ioannis_Pratikakis,
          Michael_Hausenblas, Stamatia, Melli, George, Patrizia

   Chair
          JeffP

   Scribe
          raphael, Jacco, Raphael, Raphael, Jacco

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]1. ADMIN
         2. [6]admin
         3. [7]2. LINKS Pages
         4. [8]3. XG UPDATES
         5. [9]3.1 Music Use Case
         6. [10]3.2 News Use case
         7. [11]3.3 Medical use case
         8. [12]3.4 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case
         9. [13]3.5 Photo Use case: (Susanne)
        10. [14]3.6 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis)
        11. [15]3.7 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo,
            Patrizia, Ovidio)
        12. [16]3.8 Tagging Use case: (George, Susanne, Thomas)
        13. [17]4. Future Meetings
        14. [18]5 AOB
     * [19]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________



   <pasquale> Hi Raphael, good morning

   <raphael> Thanks for updating the Resources page ! I have added some
   resources too

   <pasquale> yes ;-) thanks to you!

   <pasquale> unfortunately today i can only irc :-(

   <chalaschek> Hi Raphael, how are you

   <giovannit> piiiiing

   <giovannit> conference in 5 minutes?

   <giovannit> hi raphael :-)

   <giovannit> well the tools wiki page has started.. its not in bad
   shape. it wil lbecome better as we all update it when we find a new
   tool

   <giovannit> about the music use case.. its a difficult UC! :-) i am
   now editing to write how lame ID3 specs are.

   <giovannit> christian sends regrets

   <raphael> Giovanni, you can already take the big old list of the MM
   TF

   <raphael> Will it not better to do DOAP file for each tool ? and
   generate automatically the web page ?

   <giovannit> i have pointed at your list already (image annotations)

   <raphael> This should not point to, but replace !

   <raphael> the old page will disappear soon :-)

   <raphael> Scribe: raphael

   zakim Giovanni is giovannit

   <giovannit> thanks raph

1. ADMIN

admin

   PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 12 October 2006 telecon:
   ACCEPTED

   PROPOSED next telecon 9 November 2006: ACCEPTED

2. LINKS Pages

   <Jacco> Raphael: Vocabularies & resource wiki page start to look
   really good

   <Jacco> Others: if you have additions, do not send mail to list but
   edit these wiki pages

   <Jacco> Raphael: what about the tools pages?

   <Jacco> Giovanni, I've started working on it

   <Jacco> Used the old SWBPD page and added audio, video stuff

   <Jacco> Giovanni: I'm not sure DOAP files have added value...

   Use: [20]http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebDOAPBulletinBoard

     [20] http://esw.w3.org/topic/SemanticWebDOAPBulletinBoard

   <Jacco> Giovanni: not sure how to generate html file from RDF

   <Jacco> Raphael: see link above for DOAP to HTML

   <giovannit> proposal: an informal meeting at ISWC?

   <giovannit> "informal" ?

   PROPOSED next telecon 16 November 2006, and next one the 23rd
   November

   ACCEPTED

   <OS> Raphael, for us the 23rd is a problem

   <Jacco> ACTION: raphael to add the NewsML entry on the vocabularies
   wiki page: DONE [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]

   <Jacco> ACTION: Pasquale to maintain the Resources page: DONE
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]

   <Jacco> ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page: DONE
   [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]

   <Jacco> ACTION: Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page:
   DONE [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]

   These actions are rather continuously pending until the end of this
   XG

   <Jacco> Giovanni: what about an informal meeting at ISWC?

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff to arrange an informal F2F of the XG [recorded
   in [25]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]

   <Jacco> ACTION: Paul, Melli to do their wiki page: CONTINUED
   [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]

3. XG UPDATES

   <Jacco> ACTION: ACTION: Thierry to do his wiki page: DONE [recorded
   in [27]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]

   Image Annotation on the Semantic Web

   <Jacco> ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image
   Annotation": CONTINUED [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

   I'm still working on the formatting issues

   <Jacco> jeff: are we still using the swbpd website?

   <Jacco> raphael: that should be changed too

   Use cases on Interoperability Problems:

3.1 Music Use Case

   <Jacco> raphael: main issue for this teleconf is to assign reviewers
   to each use case

   <Jacco> Giovanni: I asked my reviewers to wait a while

   Giovanni: my mind was to build a complete SW music application

   <Jacco> I've looked at ID3 version 1, version 2 seems like a mess

   Giovanni: now I have understood that we should focus on integrating
   musical vocabularies

   Turn ID3 into RDF ?

   but the values are still not controlled, a string and not a URI

   <Jacco> defining the semantics of the ID3 tags is easy, the values
   will be difficult

   <Jacco> some ID3 fields allow the use of controlled vocabularies

   <Jacco> giovanni: yes, you can, but what about existing metadata
   that doesn't

   giovanni: call for more volunteers in this use case

   <scribe> Scribe: Jacco, Raphael

   <Jacco> Giovanni: we need to find a balance between converting
   everything to RDF and have no RDF at all

   <Jacco> Raphael: exactly, and the use case need to show that balance

   <Jacco> ACTION: Jacco to review music use case [recorded in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]

   <Jacco> ACTION: Raphael to ask UPF to review music use case
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]

3.2 News Use case

   <Jacco> Raphael: Thierry and Chris are also editing this use case
   now

   <Jacco> We will have more now that IPTC members have become members
   too

   <Jacco> We have presented a use case and shown how it can be
   represented in NewsML and a boradcast format

   <Jacco> and show how this can be better represented in OWL, with
   example DL reasoning

   <JeffP> [31]http://infolab.northwestern.edu/project.asp?id=40

     [31] http://infolab.northwestern.edu/project.asp?id=40

   <Jacco> Jeff: what about News At Seven project, see link above?

   <Jacco> Raphael: we mentioned it in the wiki page

   <Jacco> anyone on IRC that likes to review the news use case?

   <Jacco> ACTION: Jeff to review use case [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]

   <OS> which one?

   <JeffP> the News

   <OS> we are more interested in the MPEG-7 one

3.3 Medical use case

   <Jacco> Melli is not here...

3.4 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case

   <Jacco> Raphael: I provided comments already, it seems to be a
   mature use case

   <Jacco> ACTION: Suzanne to review MPEG7 use case by next teleconf
   [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]

3.5 Photo Use case: (Susanne)

   <Jacco> Suzanne Boll is not here

3.6 Semantic Multimedia Retrieval Use case: (Ioannis)

   <Jacco> Ioannis is not here, Raphael sent in comment by the mail
   list today

3.7 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Patrizia, Ovidio)

   <Jacco> Massimo: thanks for the comments Raphael

   I proposed a possible collaboration with Melli

   <Jacco> Could even become a single use case?

3.8 Tagging Use case: (George, Susanne, Thomas)

   <Jacco> George is not here but sent a status update to the list

   <Jacco> Jeff: should we have a key aspect the reviewers of all use
   cases do focus on?

   <Jacco> Like identify common problems or interoperability issues
   across use cases

   <Jacco> We need to be able to draw some conclusions at the end

   <Jacco> having these issues explcicit would make the life of use
   case authors and reviewers easier

   <Jacco> giovanni: one could review how much effort the use case
   requires and how realistic it is

   <Jacco> ... and how existing "legacy" metadata fits into the
   scenario

   <Jacco> Jeff: we could start discussing this on the mailing list

   <Jacco> Raphael: yes, but Vassilis needs to take the lead in this

   <JeffP>
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/talks/ICANN2006/Overview.
   html#(11)

     [34]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/talks/ICANN2006/Overview.html#(11)

   <Jacco> ACTION: Vassilis to lead discussion on organizing common
   aspects of all use cases [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]

4. Future Meetings

   <JeffP> [36]http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39139/MMSEM-FTF02/results

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39139/MMSEM-FTF02/results

   <Jacco> ACTION: Jacco, CNR, others to fill in the f2f form [recorded
   in [37]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]

   <Jacco> Giovanni: I cannot make the f2f

   <Jacco> Jacco: I like to attend via teleconf too

   <Jacco> Yannis: there are two days, Friday there is a room at the
   SAMT venue

   <scribe> ACTION: Raphael to send the details of the F2F [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]

   Meeting Venue

   Friday: SAMT conference hotel,
   [39]http://www.divanis.com/acropolis/default-en.htm

     [39] http://www.divanis.com/acropolis/default-en.htm

   Saturday: NTUA campus

   <Jacco> There will be wireless connection at the conf hotel

   Book your flight tickets and hotel now, since the Divanis hotel will
   be full

   <Jacco> On Saturday their will be a room at the campus

   <Jacco> Yannis: there is a special rate for conf. participants

   there is a reduced price of 100 euros, single or double room
   precising SAMT

   <Jacco> see samt website

   before November 5th for the Hotel registration

5 AOB

   <Jacco> none

   <giovannit> bye bye

   <Jacco> Scribe: Raphael, Jacco

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jacco to review music use case [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jacco, CNR, others to fill in the f2f form [recorded
   in [41]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action14]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff to arrange an informal F2F of the XG [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff to review use case [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Raphael to ask UPF to review music use case [recorded
   in [44]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
   [NEW] ACTION: Raphael to send the details of the F2F [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action15]
   [NEW] ACTION: Suzanne to review MPEG7 use case by next teleconf
   [recorded in
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Vassilis to lead discussion on organizing common
   aspects of all use cases [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action13]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Paul, Melli to do their wiki page [recorded in
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Raphael addresses the comments on "Image
   Annotation" [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action08]

   [DONE] ACTION: Giovanni and Christian to maintain the Tools page
   [recorded in
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
   [DONE] ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies page [recorded
   in [51]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Pasquale to maintain the Resources page [recorded in
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: raphael to add the NewsML entry on the vocabularies
   wiki page [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action01]
   [DONE] ACTION: Thierry to do his wiki page [recorded in
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2006/10/26-mmsem-minutes.html#action07]

   [End of minutes]
--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/
Received on Thursday, 26 October 2006 17:07:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:20 GMT