W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > October 2006

Re: Agenda 12 October Telecon 1600 UTC

From: Ovidio Salvetti <Ovidio.Salvetti@isti.cnr.it>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 18:29:40 +0200
To: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Cc: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Message-id: <7.0.1.0.0.20061011181127.0338c240@isti.cnr.it>
Dear All,
my regrets but I am unable too to attend the next telecon (12 October).
About point 3. of the agenda (ACTION: Ovidio, 
Stamatia to review 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html 
before mid October teleconf )
I enclose some reflections that might be useful for further discussion.
We are now hosting at our lab dr Suzanne Little, who some of you already knows.
The short document I send has been prepared also 
with her contribution and I would be happy that 
for this telecon also Suzanne could participate 
in my stead together with Patrizia and Massimo.
Best regards,
Ovidio



At 13.16 10/10/2006, RaphaŽl Troncy wrote:

>Dear all,
>
>Please find below the agenda for this Thursday telecon. The attendance
>of the members to the last telecon was poor. I remind you that we have
>all outstanding APs, so lets push forward the work done in this XG!
>
>
>   Jeff & Raphael
>
>---------------------------
>
>AGENDA Teleconference
>W3C Multimedia Semantics Incubator Group
>12 October 2006, 1600 UTC
>                 0900 (West US)
>                 1200 (East US)
>                 1700 (London)
>                 1800 (Amsterdam, Berlin)
>                 1900 (Athens)
>Duration: 60 min
>
>Bridge: +1.617.761.6200 conference code 66736# ('MMSEM')
>IRC Chat: irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665), #mmsem
>Web-based IRC (member-only):
>          http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc
>
>Chair: Jeff/Raphael
>Scribe: tbd (pls volunteer)
>
>Please note that MMSEM XG telecons are for attendance by members and
>invited experts only.
>
>1. ADMIN
>
>Roll call
>Regrets: Jacco
>
>PROPOSED to accept the minutes of the 02 October 2006 telecon:
>     http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html
>Note the 2 decisions taken: use of N3 as the RDF syntax in all use
>cases, and IsaViz for depicting RDF graphs.
>
>PROPOSED next telecon 26 October 2006
>
>2. LIAISON
>
>    ACTION: Chairs to contact UPF [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]
>    DONE:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0012.html
>
>    ACTION: Michael to maintain the Vocabularies Page [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
>See also:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0008.html
>And:
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-mmsem/2006Oct/0010.html
>
>    ACTION: Giovanni and Christian to maintain the "Tools" web page
>
>Call for volunteer: who want/can maintain the "Resource" web page ?
>
>3. XG UPDATES
>
>    ACTION: Vassilis to send mail to the list requesting people to make a
>homepage on the wiki [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/10/02-mmsem-minutes.html#action05]
>
>    ACTION: All to make sure you have your homepage on the XG wiki
>(preferably in RDF) [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action03]
>Some participants have not yet their web page up !
>
>    ACTION: Ovidio, Stamatia to review
>http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html  before
>mid October teleconf [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action02]
>
>    ACTION: Patrizia and Massimo: report on similarities among use cases
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action09]
>
>Interoperability Problems (6 use cases):
>----------------------------------------
>
>  3.1 Music Use case: (Giovanni, Christian, Thierry)
>
>    ACTION: George and Raphael to review music use case by next teleconf
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action06]
>
>  3.2 Bio-medical Image Use case: (Melliyal)
>
>    ACTION: Melli to set up a web demo for 12 October teleconf
>[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action04]
>
>  3.3 MPEG-7 metadata interoperability Use case: (Vassilis, Michael and
>Stamatia)
>
>Michael and Vassilis plan to have a interoperable solution for next
>teleconf
>
>  3.4 NewsML use case
>
>  3.5 Low level feature extraction Use case: (Ioannis, addition by
>Susanne)
>
>  3.6 Semantics from Multimedia Authoring Use case: (Susanne) and
>Tagging Use case: (George, Susanne, Thomas)
>
>    ACTION: Michael and Stamatia to review tagging use case for next
>teleconf [recorded in
>http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action10]
>    DONE:
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/mmsem/wiki/Tagging_Use_Case_Review
>
>Knowledge Representation Problems (1 use case):
>-----------------------------------------------
>
>  3.7 Algorithm representation Use case: (Massimo, Patrizia, Ovidio)
>
>4. Future Metings:
>
>    ACTION: chairs to set up questionnaire before next teleconf [recorded
>in http://www.w3.org/2006/09/14-mmsem-minutes.html#action11]
>
>5. AOB
>
>--
>RaphaŽl Troncy
>CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
>Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
>e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
>Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
>Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
>Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/


Received on Wednesday, 11 October 2006 16:30:38 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:20 GMT