Re: Another question on the Tagging use case

Dear all,

just a remark.

Yahoo! Research is working on ZoneTag. Over a server the mobile
phone gets good suggestions for tags which other users have added
to photos taken at the same place / the same cell id.
http://research.yahoo.com/zonetag/

I would not suggest voice tags on mobile phones not bo be practical
these days as speech recognition in typically noisy mobile
enviroments is a still unsolved problem.

Kind regards,
Susanne

Am 30.11.2006 um 15:42 schrieb Hobson Paola-BPH001:

> Dear George, Susanne, Thomas
>
> Relating to the practical situation in the Tagging use case, it
> seems that the use case assumes that users will tag their content
> after they have uploaded it, and that they will have access to
> terminals that support keyboards.  However, users may want to real-
> time tag their content when they acquire it.  They may be mobile
> and therefore using limited interaction devices, and typing textual
> tags on a mobile phone (or a wi-fi enabled camera) is not easy.
> Access to suggested tags such as proposed by Automatic Linguistic
> Indexing of Pictures - Real Time ( www.alipr.com) is a partial
> solution but this would only work for simple content where
> appropriate tags already exist.
>
> Another possibility would be to use voice tags which can be added
> when the user captures the content, which leads to my question on
> interoperability.  Does the use case imply textual only tags?  Does
> it make any difference if voice tags are applied?  Does SKOS
> support multi-lingual tags?
>
> Paola
>
> Dr P M Hobson
> Director, Personalization & Knowledge
> Motorola Labs
> Jays Close
> Basingstoke
> RG22 4PD
> EMail : Paola.Hobson@motorola.com

Professor Dr. Susanne Boll
University of Oldenburg
Department of Computing Science
Media Informatics and Multimedia Systems
Escherweg 2
D-26121 Oldenburg
Germany
Tel: +49-441-9722 213