Re: Introducing all XG members

From: Jeff Z. Pan <jpan@csd.abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 10:21:27 +0100
To: "MMSem public" <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Cc: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>

Dear MMSEMers,

Welcome you all to this new XG.

Here is my brief bio.

I am a lecturer in the Department of Computing Science at the University of Aberdeen [1]. My main research interests include knowledge representation, ontologies, ontology reasoning and querying, and their applications such as the Semantic Web and multimedia. I did my PhD with Prof Ian Horrocks during 2000-2003 on "Description Logics: Reasoning Support for the Semantic Web" [2] at the University of Manchester. I am  a co-coordinator of both the Multimedia and the Software Engineering Task Forces in the W3C Semantic Web Best Practices and Deployment (SWBPD) Working Group [3], in which I co-edited the "Image Annotation on the Semantic Web" note [4].

Regards,
Jeff

[1] http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~jpan/
[2] http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~jpan/thesis/
[3] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/
[4] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/MM/image_annotation.html

--
Dr. Jeff Z. Pan (http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~jpan/)
Department of Computing Science, The University of Aberdeen