W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-mmsem@w3.org > July 2006

F2F Amsterdam meeting: Final Agenda + Practical details

From: RaphaŽl Troncy <Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2006 15:11:58 +0200
Message-ID: <44AE5D9E.3254B48@cwi.nl>
To: MMSem-XG Public List <public-xg-mmsem@w3.org>
Dear MMSEMers,

Please, find below the final agenda for the F2F meeting in Amsterdam as
well as some final practical details.
We're all looking forward to see you next week.
Best regards.

    RaphaŽl

--
RaphaŽl Troncy
CWI (Centre for Mathematics and Computer Science),
Kruislaan 413, 1098 SJ Amsterdam, The Netherlands
e-mail: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl & raphael.troncy@gmail.com
Tel: +31 (0)20 - 592 4093
Fax: +31 (0)20 - 592 4312
Web: http://www.cwi.nl/~troncy/


=============================================
= Agenda of the MMSEM Amsterdam F2F Meeting =
=============================================

The first face to face meeting of the Multimedia Semantics XG will be held in CWI, Amsterdam, the 10th-11th of July.

Practical Details:
------------------

  - How to go to CWI: http://www.cwi.nl/about/directions.html and http://www.cwi.nl/about/maps.html
  - Contact Person: Raphael Troncy. Email: raphael.troncy@cwi.nl Tel: +33 677109805
  - The meeting will be held at room Z009; please ask for directions at CWI reception.
  - Wi-Fi connection to the broadband backbone will be available in the room. Ask a CWI host for SS-ID.
  - The power supply is standard continental european – 230 V
  - For more information about Amsterdam: http://www.cwi.nl/~steven/amsterdam.html

Social Event:
-------------
There will be a joint dinner, kindly offered by CWI, on Monday 10th at the "Cafe In De Waag" http://www.indewaag.nl/ in the center of Amsterdam

W3C Communication Channels:
---------------------------

July 10-11, 2006
09:00-18:00 Amsterdam local time
Zakim Bridge +1.617.761.6200, conference 66736 ("MMSEM")
IRC: #mmsem on irc.w3.org (port 6665)

Participants:
-------------
  - Will attend: 11
	. RaphaŽl Troncy (CWI), Jacco van Ossenbruggen (CWI), Ioannis Pratikakis, Patrizia Asirelli (Tuesday), Vassilis Tzouvaras (NTUA), Thierry Declerck (DFKI), George Anadiotis (CWI), Giovanni Tumarello (Uni. Ancona), Christian Morbidoni (Uni. Ancona), Thomas Franz (Koblenz U.), Vasileios Papastathis (ITI, Thessaloniki), Lynda Hardman (CWI)

  - May attend on phone and IRC only: 6
	. Pasquale Popolizio, Jeff Z. Pan, Christian Halaschek-Wiener, Paul Buitelaar, Melli Annamalai, Susanne Boll, Yannis Avrithis, Paola Hobson

Agenda:
-------

Monday July 10

10:15 - 10:30 Welcome, Objectives and organisation of the meeting (Raphael)
10:30 - 10:45 Roll call, self-introductions (All)
10:45 - 11:15 W3C process 101, roles and charges in an XG (Raphael/Jeff)
11:15 - 12:30 Charter overview + discussion of XG scope and objectives (Raphael/All)
    - Which modality to consider in the work of this XG ? Photo / Video / Audio ? All ?
    - Concerning the interoperability issue, the charter mention many multimedia standards to consider. The goal of this XG is somewhere to try solve the interoperability problem by what I will name a kind of semantic / RDF layer, and then demonstrate the best practices by providing some conversion tools. However, since there are many standards that might be considered, we have to prioritize. The question is then, which one(s) should we focus on ?

12:30 - 14:00 Lunch

14:00 - 15:30 MMSEM background and demonstration (10' each)

  * Giovanni Tumarello: MPEG-7 libraries and related projects / demo
  * Christian Morbidoni: DBin - http://dbin.org
  * Thomas Franz: ISWeb group
  * Ioannis Pratikakis: IST BOEMIE project
  * ...

15:30 - 16:00 break

16:00 - 16:45 Technical Details + Discussions of the "Image Annotation deliverable" + Maintenance of the Resources Pages (Jacco)
16:45 - 17:30 Technical Details + Discussions of the "Semantic Web Image Annotation Interoperability deliverable" (Jacco/Vassilis/RaphaŽl/Giorgos/Jeff)

20:00 Dinner at the "Cafe In De Waag" http://www.indewaag.nl/

Tuesday July 11

09:00 - 09:20
Short introduction of Patrizia Asirelli and her colleagues + the view on ISTI on the Multimedia Semantics topic

09:20 - 11:00 Exercices session (All)
We should have a common understanding of the multimedia and semantic web technologies ! We will make then some practical exercices, like annotating pictures, videos, individually or by group, and then analysis the problems: tools / vocabularies / interoperability / granularity ...

10:30 - 11:00 break

11:00 - 12:30 Exercices session (cont.) + Discussions on MMSEM Road Map

12:30 - 13:30 Lunch

13:30 - 15:30 Discussions of next steps
  - Who will do what ?
  - How to devide the key tasks into smaller tasks which can be easiler to manage?
  - Who will lead/do what?
  - Any more ideas?

15:30 - 16:00 break

16:00 - 16:30 Wrap up
  - Review of action items assigned during the F2F
  - Next F2F location ? Proposals are: ISWC (Athens, Georgia) or SAMT (Athens, Greece)
  - AOB
Received on Friday, 7 July 2006 13:12:18 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 8 January 2008 14:21:19 GMT