Minutes from the MashSSL XG kickoff call - 3 Dec 2009

From: Bajaj, Siddharth <SBajaj@verisign.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2009 18:21:19 -0800
To: "McClure, Allan H." <amcclure@mitre.org>, "Thomas Hardjono" <hardjono@MIT.EDU>, <ben@digicert.com>, "Shan, Jeff" <JShan@etrade.com>, <gpercivall@opengeospatial.org>, <rsingh@opengeospatial.org>, <public-xg-mashssl@w3.org>, "Ravi Ganesan" <ravi@findravi.com>
Cc: "Bajaj, Siddharth" <SBajaj@verisign.com>

Attendees:
Ravi Ganesan
Ben Wilson
George Percival
Thomas Hardjono
Jeff Shan
Raj Singh
Siddharth Bajaj

Minutes:
- Introductions - we went around and had a round of introductions

- We agreed to a biweekly call for the XG in addition to using the
mailing list.
Day/Time TBD.

- Siddharth walked everybody through the charter. There were a couple of
minor clarifications, but no major issues were raised.

- Ravi Ganesan provided an overview of MashSSL
     + Introduced the problem and need for such a technology
     + a very high level overview of the existing draft.

- Not all folks in the XG are well versed with the SSL handshake, we
agreed to do a 30 minute overview of the basic TLS handshake in the next
call.

- The group also felt that it would be beneficial to discuss the use
cases that we are attempting to address with MashSSL.
    + Ravi will introduce the basic use cases at the next call
    + George/Raj may have a use case that this could be applicable to.

- Next conference call will be Dec 17th, 1pm PT/4pm ET, Main agenda
items will be
     + TLS handshake 101
     + Use cases

Please let me know if there are any additions/modifications to the
minutes.
Thanks,

Siddharth