Re: Changes to "Benefits" page

From: Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org>
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2011 13:40:23 +0100
Cc: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
To: Peter Murray <peter.murray@lyrasis.org>

On 14 Sep 2011, at 21:34, Peter Murray wrote:

> I've put a couple rounds of changes into the Benefits page.  First, my copyedits:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Benefits&diff=6479&oldid=6352
>
> I also removed 'musicbrainz' as an example of a linked data community in favor of arguably classier and more widely known sources of linked open data:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Benefits&diff=6480&oldid=6479
>
> Finally, I don't think RDFa was expanded earlier in the report, so I put it in here:
>
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Benefits&diff=6481&oldid=6480

Nice work, Peter!
I'm not sure about the scare quotes added here: ''In a sea of RDF triples,  no developer is an island.''

Also,  shouldn't 'Internet' be capitalized?

I agree about adding the BBC and New York Times (styled as 'The New York Times' maybe?) -- but I think musicbrainz is worth keeping; it's an example of distributed cataloging, which gets at the 'no contribution too small' idea.

Also, I can't find the name "Resource Description Framework - in attributes' in the usual places [1][2].

-Jodi

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-syntax/
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-rdfa-primer/