Re: Reference to "the" Resource Description Framework?

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 20:25:07 -0700
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Tom, I think it depends on the context, and "the" works for me in that
case. Here's the opening line of the RDF primer:

"The Resource Description Framework (RDF) is a language for
representing information about resources in the World Wide Web."

The way it feels to me, "RDF" can stand alone but "Resource
Description Framework" needs "the" -- because you wouldn't say "such
as framework". And, no, I cannot cite any grammar rule to back this up.

kc