Re: Recommendations: "Apply library experience" - Antoine?

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 21:13:33 +0200
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org

> Antoine,
> In the revised sentence [1], you write:
>      By curating and maintaining datasets as truly linkable objects...
> The datasets themselves are linkable, of course, but isn't the point here about
> the "items in" datasets?  Alternatively, it could perhaps be written:
>      By curating and maintaining datasets of truly linkable objects...
> Tom
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_recommendations_page_take2&diff=6309&oldid=6293

What I meant was to say that the librarians should *view* the objects in the datasets they curate as truly linkable resources, when they curate them. I.e, also change their methodology (though I've always argue that when tellind that a book is about "Paris", librarians do not only think of a string, they also have the actual city in mind...).

So there was a bit more than your proposal. But if that's still unclear, I won't fight for it long :-)