W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > September 2011

LLD XG Editors' meeting - minutes

From: Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 11:25:02 -0400
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20110908152502.GA9363@julius>
See http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                                LLD XG

08 Sep 2011

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-irc

Attendees

   Present
   Regrets
   Chair
          Tom

   Scribe
          kcoyle

Contents

     * [3]Topics
     * [4]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <emma> Previous: [5]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-lld-minutes.html

      [5] http://www.w3.org/2011/09/01-lld-minutes.html

   <tbaker> scribe: kcoyle

   <tbaker> scribenick: kcoyle

   tom: exec summary - ok
   ... use either XG or Incubator Group
   ... edit now (Antoine editing) all to Incubator Group

   <antoine>
   [6]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Executi
   veSummary&diff=6303&oldid=6301

      [6] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=ExecutiveSummary&diff=6303&oldid=6301

   status of this document is W3C boilerplate except last line:
   comments to mailing list

   <emma> +1

   will read: discussion of this document...

   antoine is doing these edits in real time

   <tbaker> ACTION: Tom to update language of recommendations in
   Abstract to match Recommendations section. [recorded in
   [7]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action01]

   <antoine>
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Executi
   veSummary&diff=6304&oldid=6303

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=ExecutiveSummary&diff=6304&oldid=6303

   <tbaker> ACTION: All to edit document titles to use "Incubator
   Group" instead of "XG" in title. [recorded in
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action02]

   <jodi> "library-world context" or "library context" in this case?

   scope of this report: antoine - done

   <jodi> in the executive report

   <emma> I still dont like library world ;-)

   jodi changing "library-world context" to "library context" in exec
   summary

   Benefits section: not yet edited

   <scribe> ACTION: peter will edit later today; just clean-up
   [recorded in
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action03]

   <tbaker>
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Sep/0232.h
   tml

     [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Sep/0232.html

   Current situation, emma and antoine. - Report DONE, if no more
   comments

   <jodi> I made a suggestion for this sentence, which Emma had
   flagged: "Changes to authority displays require that all related
   records be retrieved in order to change their text strings -- a
   disruptive and expensive process that often prevents libraries from
   implementing changes in a timely manner."

   <emma>
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   issues_page_take2&diff=6298&oldid=6292

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_issues_page_take2&diff=6298&oldid=6292

   <emma>
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   issues_page_take2&diff=6299&oldid=6247

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_issues_page_take2&diff=6299&oldid=6247

   <jodi> +1 initative

   <emma> changed "incentive" into "initiative"

   <pmurray> I might be back; my boss just skyped me.

   restoring original sentence in library data not integrated with web

   recommendations section: antoine - data curation needs ... curation

   <antoine>
   [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Sep/0175.h
   tml

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Sep/0175.html

   antoine asked a question on the list about this section; not yet
   resolved

   group has no objection to antoine's change: he'll make it now

   <edsu> Develop and disseminate best-practice design patterns
   tailored to library Linked Data

   <edsu> Develop and disseminate best-practice design patterns
   tailored to library Linked Data

   <edsu> [15]http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/

     [15] http://patterns.dataincubator.org/book/

   <jodi> +1

   <tbaker> +1

   edsu: suggests adding above link to davis/dobbs book

   <edsu> Design and test user services based on Linked Data
   capabilities

   edsu: would like change to first sentence

   <antoine> Done my change:
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   recommendations_page_take2&diff=6309&oldid=6293

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_recommendations_page_take2&diff=6309&oldid=6293

   <edsu> Increase library participation in Semantic Web
   standardization

   edsu: section on participation in SemWeb standards
   ... we could mention W3C community group here

   <tbaker>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_
   page_take2#Design_and_test_user_services_based_on_Linked_Data_capabi
   lities

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page_take2#Design_and_test_user_services_based_on_Linked_Data_capabilities

   tom: unfortunately, we don't know if there will be a group

   tbaker: no one has volunteered to lead community group

   <jodi> +1 "this would be a good role for a community group in this
   area"

   antoine: could mention community group in that last sentence

   <antoine> by joining technical working groups, more open community
   group (@@link@@) or participating in public review processes.

   <edsu> antoine: thanks for the suggested wording change

   <tbaker>
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_
   page_take2#Increase_library_participation_in_Semantic_Web_standardiz
   ation

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page_take2#Increase_library_participation_in_Semantic_Web_standardization

   <antoine>
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   recommendations_page_take2&diff=6310&oldid=6309

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_recommendations_page_take2&diff=6310&oldid=6309

   <antoine> [20]http://www.w3.org/community/

     [20] http://www.w3.org/community/

   tbaker making that edit, to add kcoyle's sentence to end, suggesting
   creation of a community group for LLD

   <jodi> A W3C Community Group could play a good role in this area.

   <tbaker>
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   recommendations_page_take2&diff=6287&oldid=6269

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_recommendations_page_take2&diff=6287&oldid=6269

   <jodi> change made:
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   recommendations_page_take2&diff=6312&oldid=6311

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_recommendations_page_take2&diff=6312&oldid=6311

   <antoine> does not include mechanisms for managing pre-coordinated
   subject headings,

   <antoine>
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   recommendations_page_take2&diff=6313&oldid=6312

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_recommendations_page_take2&diff=6313&oldid=6312

   <jodi> did we add the LD patterns book?

   edsu: adding linked data patterns book

   <tbaker>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_
   page_take2#Design_and_test_user_services_based_on_Linked_Data_capabi
   lities

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page_take2#Design_and_test_user_services_based_on_Linked_Data_capabilities

   need to change "should" to something less presumptuous

   <scribe> ACTION: on edsu and others to fix this sentence [recorded
   in [25]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action04]

   Appendix A kcoyle did edits, Jodi will read through

   <jodi> pmurray: ping

   <pmurray> jodi: Still talking with my boss...

   <jodi> pmurray: ok, no worries :)

   <pmurray> Sorry‚€¶priorities, ya'know.

   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2&diff=6199&oldid=6148

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2&diff=6199&oldid=6148

   <antoine>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2&diff=6199&oldid=6006

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2&diff=6199&oldid=6006

   [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_
   Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2&diff=6199&oldid=6150

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section2&diff=6199&oldid=6150

   Use Cases report: kcoyle has edited, Daniel has a few more changes
   that kcoyle will edit, then report DONE

   Deliverable C: still being edited

   tbaker: still some cleanup to do;

   <tbaker>
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary

   tbaker: all separate deliverables need to follow w3c format for
   documents

   <jodi> perhaps we should task someone with making an abstract for
   the Vocabulary and Dataset Deliverable?

   many in group will be unavailable sep 17-26

   <pmurray> alabama lia

   <jodi> pmurray: are you going to the DC conference? We're wondering
   if 17-26 is good for the HTML editing period.

   meet next Thursday, same slot; try to have all wiki edit finalized

   <pmurray> No, I'm not going to the DC conference.

   <jodi> pmurray: great :)

   <pmurray> I can do HTML editing 17-26

   <jodi> tbaker: could you please send email about getting permissions
   to edit on W3C website?

   <jodi> pmurray: +1-617-761-6200, code 55394#

   <pmurray> jodi++

   <antoine>
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsUseCas
   eDeliverable

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsUseCaseDeliverable

   <jodi> "@@TODO: list authors of individual use cases not yet
   ack'ed."

   <scribe> ACTION: kcoyle will fix acknowledgements in use case report
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action05]

   tbaker: will send out note about access and suggest short names

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: All to edit document titles to use "Incubator Group"
   instead of "XG" in title. [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: kcoyle will fix acknowledgements in use case report
   [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: on edsu and others to fix this sentence [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: peter will edit later today; just clean-up [recorded
   in [35]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tom to update language of recommendations in Abstract
   to match Recommendations section. [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2011/09/08-lld-minutes.html#action01]

   [End of minutes]

-- 
Tom Baker <tom@tombaker.org>
Received on Thursday, 8 September 2011 15:25:34 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 8 September 2011 15:25:34 GMT