Re: "Design user stories and models for user interfaces"?? - IMPORTANT

From: Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2011 20:06:31 -0400
To: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Cc: public-xg-lld@w3.org
On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 04:31:02PM -0700, Karen Coyle wrote:
> I can't remember what this started out as, but both "leaders" and
> "leadership" will probably be understood as "library directors and
> other management types." If we want it to mean "thought leaders" or
> "technology leaders" then we'll need those adjectives to be there.
> IMO.

The context was:

Tom suggested:
>> BTW, we have headings for bodies, participants, designers, librarians,
>> archivists, and... leadership.  Shouldn't that be "For library leaders"?

To which Antoine replied:
> Unless there's a strong argument against, I prefer to keep it like this.
> "leaders" has a strong connotation to me, which is less obvious in
> "leadership". A bit as if "leadership" was leaving more room for people who are
> not formal leaders (library director, department heads) to step in and battle
> for moving things forwards at a higher-level. But maybe that's just me.

In other words, I was suggesting "For library leaders" (instead of
"leadership") for consistency with the other section headings, and Antoine was
preferring "leadership" -- for the reason, however, that to him, this term
seemed more inclusive of people who exercise leadership at levels lower than
library director and department head.

Tom Baker <tom@tombaker.org>