Re: Editing Scope of this report

From: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2011 11:29:02 -0700
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Quoting Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>:

> It is still not 100% clear to me, sorry. I can buy most of it, it's
> just that I think there could be some use in e.g., acquisition data,
> as there is in circulation data. To tell the truth as I'm not aware
> of how precise these notions are, I had intuitively categorized
> circulation data as library management data. Since we have use cases
> for circulation data, I found the entire thing quite puzzling...

I wasn't aware of use cases for circ data. I think the issue is
whether we are mainly or solely talking about bibliographic data. If
we wish to refer to other library data than I'm not sure we've really
covered it in the report. We don't mention NCIP (circulation data),
SUSHI (statistics), serials holdings, RFID standards nor numerous
other standards being used in those systems. Our examples in the
vocabulary area seem to all be bibliographic. Perhaps if we don't want
to exclude these others we need to say that although they could
potentially be used as linked data, they have not yet been defined as
such.