Re: HTML generation and hyperlinks

From: Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2011 19:40:07 -0400
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Cc: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
On Fri, Sep 02, 2011 at 05:31:45PM +0200, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> I just happen to use the "printable version" that is recommended in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Publishing_Incubator_Group_Documents
> to generate HTML from the wiki pages.
>
> This options seems to render all hyperlinks as full text. for example
> ""Linked Data" (LD) refers to data published in accordance with principles (http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html) designed to facilitate linkages among datasets,"
>
> Do we really want this? Personally I find that useless...

In-line URLs?  That seems kludgy - something one would (usefully) get from a
PRINT button in a browser but not in a published document.

I would ideally want to see hyperlinks using clickable URLs -- i.e., which
would not appear in a printout -- and IN ADDITION see a list of numbered links
at the end.  If forced to choose one or the other, I would go for the numbered
links.