W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > May 2011

Minutes of the 2011-05-19 LLD meeting

From: Uldis Bojars <captsolo@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 22:16:11 +0300
Message-ID: <BANLkTimUtdbQa1b6y_6AWNVhRfCwg35NWQ@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
The minutes of last week's LLD call are at
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html

A text version follows.

Uldis

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                LLD XG

19 May 2011

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011May/0040

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/05/19-lld-irc

Attendees

   Present
          antoine, emma, kcoyle, jeff_, tbaker, CaptSolo, jodi, marcia,
          digikim_, edsu, ww, pmurray

   Regrets
          Monica, Daniel, Kai, Gordon, Ross, Lars, Kevin, Ray

   Chair
          Tom

   Scribe
          uldis

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Admin
         2. [6]Final Report
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <tbaker> Previous:
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minut
   es.html

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html

   <antoine> ??P11 is TomB

   <tbaker> Scribe: uldis

   <tbaker> Scribenick: uldis

   <marcia> * my Internet connection may be off during the meeting. it
   is not stable. Have 3G backup then.

   <digikim_> code not valid...

   <antoine> @digikim: 55394?

   <digikim_> yes

   <tbaker> with a pound sign at the end?

   <digikim_> tbaker: 55394# is not valid...

   <tbaker> phone or skype?

   <digikim_> skype, calling boston number

   digikim_: the code works for me on skype, also calling the US number

   <digikim_> uldis: strange

   <jodi> I didn't have problems via skype, but who knows...

   <jodi> I've had that experience, too, Karen

   <tbaker> we're wondering if there is a problem with the phone bridge
   and suggest you try again

   <tbaker> ...i.e., start over

Admin

   <antoine>
   [9]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minut
   es.html

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html

   RESOLUTION: To accept
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minu
   tes.html

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html

   <emma> Minutes ++ :_)

   <digikim_> (the two first times the bridge did not say "please enter
   your ... code" -- on the third time it did, perhaps that is related
   to the problem? but everything is ok now.) :)

   tbaker: assuming charter is going to be extended to Aug 31.
   ... put schedule of telcos for these months on the plan

Final Report

   <tbaker> [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport

   tbaker: updated the draft report on the wiki
   ... to reflect the proper links and section headings.
   ... action on Kim to updated the transcluded version.
   ... with the exception for the Section on available vocabs & data
   sets

   <antoine> kim?

   <jodi> digikim_: Tom is asking whether it's difficult to update the
   transcluded version (i.e. is it ok to do this twice, later)?

   tbaker: if Kim could post a link to the list to the transcluded
   version

   digikim_: will post a link in a few days

   RESOLUTION: Section owners to try to be ready for reviewers next
   week [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minu
   tes.html#action01]

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Digikim to update the transcluded version of the
   report by Wed Apr 13 [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/07-lld-minu
   tes.html#action06] [CONTINUES] [CONTINUES] [CONTINUES]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/07-lld-minutes.html#action06

   <scribe> ACTION: Section owners to try to be ready for reviewers
   next week [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minu
   tes.html#action01] [DONE]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action01

   <scribe> ACTION: Chairs to send an email on the list to ask people
   to be ready [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minu
   tes.html#action02] [DONE]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action02

   tbaker: let's move to the 1st section of the report
   ... sent an email to list asking for lightweight reviews, to be done
   over the coming week
   ... where someone from outside the group working on the section
   looks at the section
   ... if there are any issues, controversial, missing content
   ... just need a few coments. be ready to do that by the next week's
   call

   <jodi> scope is very short so it's a good one to volunteer for! :)

   tbaker: scope section
   ... any volunteers?

   <jodi>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Li
   nked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Linked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report

   tbaker: actually, everyone should look at this section
   ... to see if are consistent with other sections, etc.

   <Zakim> ww, you wanted to comment on controversy

   tbaker: doesn't mean we don't want controversial things in the
   report
   ... but point out if there are controversial things in the report

   <edsu> +1 for everyone

   <jodi> +1 for everyone

   <jeff_> +1 everyone

   <antoine> but someone has to send an email!

   <edsu> :-)

   <jodi> I can send that email

   <scribe> ACTION: everyone to read
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Li
   nked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report and do lightweight review
   [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action04]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Linked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report

   tbaker: need to make sure the entire group has read the report. but
   in the first stage we need just some basic feedback.

   antoine: need to appoint someone to send the email

   jodi: scope is different from other sections in that all need to
   review, and someone needs to post an email re that

   <marcia> suggest to refer to the explanations of these basic
   concepts, in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset
   #Introduction:_Scope_and_Definitions

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset#Introduction:_Scope_and_Definitions

   <tbaker> ACTION: Jodi to send email about Scope statement [recorded
   in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action05]

   tbaker: next: Benefits section

   emma: updated to take into account the comments sent to the list

   <edsu> emma++ # thanks

   emma: also editing re benefits to students, organizations, etc.
   ... section re benefits for developers is still raw, needs work
   ... also for benefits re linked data (perhaps also needs benefits
   for using OWL, SKOS, ...)

   tbaker: currently there is a placeholder (re making it library
   specific) which we can remove now
   ... volunteers?

   <kcoyle> i'm not sure we have the right people on the call

   <antoine> I can do it...

   emma: this is a short section too

   <marcia> I can do for "Benefits to Researchers, Students and Patrons
   " part

   <scribe> ACTION: Tom to ask Hideaki or Dickson to review
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action06]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits

   <emma> yes done !!

   <edsu> done, imho

   <scribe> ACTION: edsu, emma, rsinger to create narrative text and
   add to bullet-points [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minu
   tes.html#action05] [DONE]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action05

   tbaker: Next: Available Vocabularies and Datasets
   ... planned as a separate deliverable
   ... but also planned ot include a short section in the report,
   summarizing this deliverable

   antoine: that's still the plan.
   ... but deliverable not done yet
   ... could have a reviewer who could look at it starting from next
   Monday

   <antoine>
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Dat
   asets_Section

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section

   antoine: by next Monday should have the section as well

   <antoine> is that ok with you, Marcia, Jeff, William?

   tbaker: looking for a reviewer for this section (on Tuesday) and say
   a few words on the next call

   <ww> ok with me

   <marcia> * yes

   <edsu> i will do it

   <marcia> *I was going to ask Ed to do it!

   <edsu> marcia: :-D

   <scribe> ACTION: Ed to review
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Dat
   asets_Section next Tuesday for discussion on Thursday [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action08]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section

   tbaker: Next: Relevant technologies

   <jeff_>
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technol
   ogies

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technologies

   jeff_: web services part has been added

   <tbaker>
   [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011May/0027.html

     [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011May/0027.html

   tbaker: can remove the tasks from the running agenda

   <kcoyle> I can do that

   tbaker: volunteers for review?

   <scribe> ACTION: Karen to review
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technol
   ogies for next week [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action09]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technologies

   tbaker: Next: IMPLEMENTATION CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS TO ADOPTION
   ... an ongoing action
   ... action continues

   <scribe> ACTION: Gordon and Karen to consider relation between
   problems and limitation section and the library resource wiki page.
   [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/24-lld-minu
   tes.html#action01]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/24-lld-minutes.html#action01

   <antoine> I can do it

   <scribe> --continues

   <scribe> ACTION: Antoine to review
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page for
   next week [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action11]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page

   tbaker: Next: RECOMMENDATIONS AND NEXT STEPS
   ... key part of the report

   <jodi> "the recommendations will be tweeted" ;)

   <jeff_> I can do that

   tbaker: really important to get it right

   <antoine> +1 ww: suggests everyone looks at that

   <digikim_> +1 ww

   <jodi> +1 ww

   shall i post this as action to Jeff or to everyone?

   <antoine> but perhaps a couple of weeks later :-)

   <jodi> well, we need such a section, but we'd need someone to write
   it

   scribe: re curriculum section that could be canceled if not done

   <jodi> he became interim chair of his department, I think, so
   unexpectedly busy

   emma, ok

   <jodi> +1 to antoine

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff to review
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_
   page for next week [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action12]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page

   tbaker: action re asking about curriculum issues

   <scribe> ACTION: Tom to ask Dickson and Guenther if they could
   contribute curriculum issues to the Recommendations Section
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action13]

   tbaker: an action to review the deliverable

   <marcia>
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset

     [37] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset

   tbaker: asks if Ed would look at the deliverable as well

   antoine: re a deliverable and a summary of it in the report

   <marcia> *Ed: a list of vocabularies

   antoine: thought it is one review action for both things together
   ... texts overlap

   edsu: i can do that

   antoine: deliverable still not finished yet.

   tbaker: Next: USE CASES
   ... Daniel working on summarizing the use cases
   ... still work to be done
   ... reviewer needed, to look at the structure, summaries, give some
   comments
   ... great work already done
   ... need a volunteer

   <scribe> ACTION: Jodi to review
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport for next
   week [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action14]

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport

   <jodi> well, sending an email is easy

   <antoine>
   [40]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011May/0042.h
   tml

     [40] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011May/0042.html

   <jodi> so this is the substantial one

   <jodi> so we can expect an update soon

   antoine: re the review of the use cases, Daniel wrote he will send
   something today

   <jodi> thanks, Antoine, I'll wait a few days

   antoine: best if Jodi waits 1-2 days before starting reviewing or
   asks Daniel what's the status

   tbaker: end of agenda for today

   <digikim_> quick first draft of the updated transcluded page:
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTranscl
   usion

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion

   tbaker: anything else to discuss?
   ... need to finish by August
   ... need to get the text out to a wider circle to people
   ... we should ask people who are not on telcos and ask if they'd
   review specific sections when they're more polished
   ... should also advertise report sections and look for more feedback
   ... some will be at the LOD-LAM summit (June 2,3) -- a chance to
   discuss and get feedback
   ... at some point will transfer text from wiki to HTML

   <edsu> kcoyle++

   <jodi> kcoyle++

   kcoyle: re the LOD-LAM summit -- we need to get wide attention on
   this report during the review work
   ... important both to get feedback and to get buy-in

   <antoine> +1

   kcoyle: what is out strategy?

   <jodi> +1 to substantial invited review

   kcoyle: to ask particular people and organizations to review and
   comments?

   tbaker: proposal to have more targeted list re who reviews

   <jodi> yes

   <marcia> me too

   <jodi> doing a session -- it's an unconference

   tbaker: 5 people from the call will be there

   <marcia> +Karen

   kcoyle: will be a BarCampy kind of event

   <digikim_> ISWC and DC should also be used for dissemination

   kcoyle: one session could be re working on the recommendations
   ... re strategy: will we solicit comments from organizations such as
   LoC, the British Library? from the individuals?

   <antoine> edsu++

   <jodi> edsu++

   edsu: should ask for comments from people we don't know. but also
   want to ask specific people too.

   kcoyle: from technical point of view -- should be easy to comment on
   particular sections

   <jodi> +1 to making it easy to comment

   kcoyle: there was some software / webapp that makes it easy

   <jodi> commentpress, for instance

   kcoyle: where can upload the document and comment by the side of the
   document

   +1 easy commenting

   <antoine> I'm a bit skeptical...

   <jodi> for instance: [42]http://a.nnotate.com/ and
   [43]http://www.futureofthebook.org/commentpress/

     [42] http://a.nnotate.com/
     [43] http://www.futureofthebook.org/commentpress/

   <digikim_> Google docs does that too...

   <jodi> indeed!

   reminds how php.net allows to comment on the documentation (though
   at a webpage, not section level)

   <antoine> There was a JISC document like that?

   tbaker: suggestions how to this

   <antoine> ok!

   <emma> sure !

   <antoine> (I'm not chairing next call, though...)

   <digikim_> (you wish...) ;)

   <scribe> ACTION: Antoine and Emmanuelle to talk about strategies for
   getting comments at next call [recorded in
   [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action15]

   <digikim_> thanks

   <jodi> bye

   <marcia> bye

   tbaker: meeting finished

   <ww> bye all

   anyone going to SemTech?

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine and Emmanuelle to talk about strategies for
   getting comments at next call [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action15]
   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to review
   [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page for
   next week [recorded in
   [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action11]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ed to review
   [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Dat
   asets_Section next Tuesday for discussion on Thursday [recorded in
   [49]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: everyone to read
   [50]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Li
   nked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report and do lightweight review
   [recorded in
   [51]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff to review
   [52]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_
   page for next week [recorded in
   [53]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jodi to review
   [54]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport for next
   week [recorded in
   [55]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action14]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jodi to send email about Scope statement [recorded in
   [56]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action05]
   [NEW] ACTION: Karen to review
   [57]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technol
   ogies for next week [recorded in
   [58]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action09]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tom to ask Hideaki or Dickson to review
   [59]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits recorded in
   [60]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Tom to ask Dickson and Guenther if they could
   contribute curriculum issues to the Recommendations Section
   [recorded in
   [61]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action13]

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page
     [48] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section
     [50] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Linked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report
     [52] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page
     [54] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport
     [57] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technologies
     [59] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits

   [PENDING] ACTION: Digikim to update the transcluded version of the
   report by Wed Apr 13 [recorded in
   [62]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/07-lld-minu
   tes.html#action06]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Gordon and Karen to consider relation between
   problems and limitation section and the library resource wiki page.
   [recorded in
   [63]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/24-lld-minu
   tes.html#action01]

     [62] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/04/07-lld-minutes.html#action06
     [63] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/24-lld-minutes.html#action01

   [DONE] ACTION: Chairs to send an email on the list to ask people to
   be ready [recorded in
   [64]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minu
   tes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: edsu, emma, rsinger to create narrative text and add
   to bullet-points [recorded in
   [65]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minu
   tes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Section owners to try to be ready for reviewers next
   week [recorded in
   [66]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minu
   tes.html#action01]

     [64] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action02
     [65] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/31-lld-minutes.html#action05
     [66] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/12-lld-minutes.html#action01

   [End of minutes]
Received on Monday, 23 May 2011 19:16:40 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 23 May 2011 19:16:41 GMT