benefits of library linked data

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 10:41:29 -0400
To: public-lld <public-lld@w3.org>, public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Emma, Ross, Kai, Corey, Richard and I chatted on Skype for 1.5 hrs (!)
yesterday about the benefits of Linked Data to Libraries. It was a
pretty wide ranging, and helpful discussion which was captured largely
on a collaborative PiratePad document [1]. The notes from this meeting
have been copied to the LLD Wiki [2].

The rough consensus was that:

1) we'd like to have a list of <= 10 high level elevator-pitch-style benefits
2) it seems important to organize the benefits around *who* they are for

Ross and I were planning to spend some time in the #lld IRC channel
[3] trying to organize the bullet points we do have under the headings
of who they benefit, and then collapse them down further with some
word-smithing. Anyone who wants to participate please feel free to
join us. Also feel free to add your notes to the PiratePad [1] and
we'll work them into the text that ends up on the WIki Draft page [2].

//Ed

[1] http://piratepad.net/zsLh4nM3Pg
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Benefits
[3] irc://irc.w3.org:6665/lld