Problems and limitations

From: <gordon@gordondunsire.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:12:54 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
All

(Apologies for previous message which came out as an html attachment - problems
and limitations with my email service!)

Thursday's call (tomorrow) will focus on the problems and limitations section of
the final report which Karen, Peter, Tom, Jodi and I have been working on. The
working draft is at:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page

We think we have finalised the headings for this section:

Problems and Limitations

* Linked Data is an emerging technology
* Library data is expressed in library-specific formats that cannot be easily
shared outside the library community
* Current library data practices are expensive (and the true costs are
unmeasured)
** Possible resources
* Library ecosystem is designed for stability and resists change
* Library data may be protected by IP rights that prevent open publication

Cheers

Gordon