W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > March 2011

RE: Tools and final deliverable

From: Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 09:35:55 -0500
Message-ID: <52E301F960B30049ADEFBCCF1CCAEF590BBB748C@OAEXCH4SERVER.oa.oclc.org>
To: "Antoine Isaac" <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
I started a Wiki page for us to gather thoughts:

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Tools

The things I've listed there are what I think of as "relevant
technologies". If others added their thoughts I would be happy to
believe my perception is too narrowly focused.

Many of the tools listed there are loosely coupled, but I think it would
be possible to write a scenario where they were fit together into a
coherent architecture. If this ends up being a list of tools, then the
architectural aspects will get clouded. I'm not sure how to deal with
the tradeoffs.

I think it would be great if Kevin, Kim, and Ed jumped in.

Jeff

> -----Original Message-----
> From: public-xg-lld-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-lld-
> request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Antoine Isaac
> Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:21 AM
> To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
> Subject: Tools and final deliverable
> 
> Hi,
> 
> By the way, now that the minutes from last week are published [1], I'd
> like to come back to a point that Emmanuelle and I had tried to make
> there, and make ourselves a bit clearer.
> 
> Among our pending actions we have
> 
> ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT
> architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature (short
> sketch for final report) [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-
> minutes.html#action04]
> 
> The suggestion was to re-frame it into producing a section on
"relevant
> technology" for the report--or a side deliverable if the owners feel
> like reporting on many things. Would that make sense to the action
> owners?
> 
> We were also thinking of asking Kevin and Kim to jump in, because they
> do have quite some experience with tooling as well.
> Ed would be an ideal victim, but he's already formally involved in
> other sections ;-)
> 
> Cheers,
> 
> Antoine
> 
> [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/03/03-lld-
> minutes.html
> 
> 
> > We talked this morning about what tools are available for LLD. I
> think Jeff volunteered to write something up. :-) I think this will
> make a difference for the issues section, so I'd like to encourage
> folks to contribute in this area if they know of LLD tools (or LD
tools
> that can be applied to LLD). (Maybe we need a section or wiki page for
> this.)
> >
> > I'd also like for us to make clear what are developer tools and what
> are "user" tools (e.g. for catalogers or others who want to create
> data). I usually get asked about the latter because that's who is in
my
> audience in most cases. However, both are useful (and there may be
> other categories -- these are the two that come to mind).
> >
> > kc
> >
> 
> 
Received on Wednesday, 9 March 2011 14:36:44 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 9 March 2011 14:36:45 GMT