W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > March 2011

Re: Agenda - Mar 03 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: William Waites <ww@styx.org>
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2011 15:23:21 +0100
To: Emmanuelle Bermes <manue@figoblog.org>
Cc: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20110303142321.GN51897@styx.org>
half-regrets -- I'll not be in a position to join the teleconference
but will follow along in IRC.

Cheers,
-w

* [2011-03-02 21:57:43 +0100] Emmanuelle Bermes <manue@figoblog.org> écrit:

] Agenda - Mar 03 2011 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
] 
] Source: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda
] 
] Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
]     http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
]     0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris - 2300 Kuala Lumpur
]     0000 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)
] 
] W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
]      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/               - home page
]      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/          - wiki
]      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/  - group list
]      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/     - community list
] 
] LLD XG telecons:
]      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
]      Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
]          persons invited by chairs.
] 
] Chair: Emmanuelle
] Scribe: Monica
]      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
]      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
]      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames
] 
] Regrets:
] 
] ======================================================================
] ADMIN
] -- Minutes of previous telecon
]   PROPOSED: To accept
] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html
] 
] -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
]     Proposed schedule for next telecons, with scheduled chairs,
] regrets received, and proposed topics
]         2011-03-10 Tom - discussion on library data issues (Gordon)
]         2011-03-15 Tom (special call for Asia-Pacific)
]         2011-03-17 Antoine - discussion on Problems and limitations
] (Karen & al.)
]         2011-03-24 Emma (Regrets Tom) - Problems and limitations continued
]         2011-03-31 Antoine - discussion on LLD Benefits (Ed & Emma)
]         2011-04-07 Emma - discussion on UC report (owner)
]         2011-04-14 Tom - discussion on available data & vocabularies (owner)
]         2011-04-21 Antoine - discussion on requirements (owner)
]         2011-04-28 Emma - discussion on recommendations (owner)
]         2011-05-05 Tom - final report status, check on remaining actions
]         2011-05-12 Antoine - final report completed, reviewers
] assigned for all sections
]         2011-05-19 Emma - Review of full draft of final report, and
] discussion on potential nexts steps
]         2011-05-26 Antoine - final report wrap up & thanks - next steps if any
] 
] -- Telecon for participants in Asia-Pacific
]   http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=15&year=2011&hour=04&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
] 
]   San Francisco         2100 Monday, 14 March
]   Boston                0000 "Tuesday" (i.e., Monday night!!)
]   Amsterdam/Paris       0600 Tuesday, 15 March
]   Kuala Lumpur          1300 Tuesday, 15 March
]   Tokyo                 1400 Tuesday, 15 March
] 
]   Expected are: Tom (chair), Dickson, Hideaki, Karen, Marcia,
]   Emmanuelle, Kosuke, Ed, Tom, Jeff.
]   Scribe: Ed or Marcia?
]   For other time zones, see: http://tinyurl.com/49eef48
] 
] ======================================================================
] FINAL REPORT DRAFT
]   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReport
]   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion
]   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportReviewerAssignments
] 
] Cf. discussion at
] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#item03
] 
] Six items:
] 
]  1. Executive Summary
] -- report section
] -- written as a guide on how to read the document, high level view of
] issues (but not only issues), should also be made available as
] separate unit for print and distribute.
] -- must be written late
] 
]  2. Benefits of LD for libraries
] -- report section
] -- extract benefits from clusters, use use cases as illustrations of
] the benefits
] 
] ACTION: emma and ed to start curating a section on benefits of LLD for
] libraries [recorded in
] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action06]
] 
]  3. Use cases and requirements (represented via clusters, plus an
] annotated list of use cases, plus requirement list?)
] -- separate deliverable
] -- needs document owner(s), clusters need to be reviewed by neutral editors.
] cf. #1 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
] 
] ACTION: emma, TomB, and antoine to send a call for finding an owner of
] the UC deliverable [recorded in
] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action07]
] 
]  4. Available data (vocabularies, datasets)
] -- deliverable status not yet decided.
] cf. #2-3 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
] -- identify gaps, give pointers to work done already (not as a
] definitive list), pick representative samples (national libraries,
] individual contributions) related to use cases. Relate to CKAN
] 
] ACTION: Antoine and jeff_ to make a proposal to the group about
] vocabularies and datasets [recorded in
] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/02/24-lld-minutes.html#action08]
] 
]  5. Problems and limitations
] -- report section
] -- Karen, Peter, Tom and Gordon current owners
] cf. #4-5 in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
] 
]  6. Recommendations (Vocabularies, Identifiers, Data modeling,
] Architecture, Links, General education and outreach, Curricula)
] -- not yet discussed
] 
] Another item?
]  Relevant technologies, cf. #6 in
] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Feb/0034.html
] 
] ======================================================================
] WIKI PAGE DISCUSSION
] 
] Continuing discussion on wiki pages, in the light of their possible
] contribution to the report
]   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jan/0148.html
] 
] --  Consider "dropping" (i.e., no longer link to)
] 
]   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics
]       Superseded by http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
] 
]   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes
]       Notes have been merged into Vocabularies and TopicsDiscussed.
] 
]   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Semantic_Web_terminology
]       Good idea, but no progress.
] 
]   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups
]       Last edited in July, one group listed.
]       Relates to the idea of outreach.  What is possible in seventeen weeks?
] 
] --  For now, maintain FYI for LLDXG members - wiki pages to be frozen
]   http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/LLD/Events
]   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases
]       Lists clusters and Use Cases.
] 
] --  External resources of particular relevance - to be frozen?
]   http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkedLibraryData/Datasets/CKANmetainformation
]   http://esw.w3.org/TaskForces/CommunityProjects/LinkingOpenData/DataSets/CKANmetainformation
] 
] --  External resources of particular relevance - reference for dissemination?
]   http://www.dlib.org/dlib/november10/byrne/11byrne.html
] 
] ======================================================================
] AOB
] 

-- 
William Waites                <mailto:ww@styx.org>
http://river.styx.org/ww/        <sip:ww@styx.org>
F4B3 39BF E775 CF42 0BAB  3DF0 BE40 A6DF B06F FD45
Received on Thursday, 3 March 2011 14:23:54 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 3 March 2011 14:23:54 GMT