AW: Reflections from Dan re: reception and message of RDF

> For example: "If you're used to XML or SQL schema structures,
> the schema designer is typically (not necessarily) in a much
> more authoritative role. With RDFS we stripped a lot of power
> away from schema designers: they can't tell you what to do
> any more! There's no "a shipping order *must* have an address"
> mechanism in RDFS/OWL"...

Isn't that why we put so much effort into application profiles: In order to say, this element MUST be there, that one MUST NOT, and the third one MAY?

/Lars

  **** Bitte beachten Sie die neue Internet- und E-Mail-Adresse. ****
  **** Please note my new internet- and email-address. ****

--
Dr. Lars G. Svensson
Deutsche Nationalbibliothek / Informationstechnik