W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > June 2011

Minutes of W3C LLD XG 23-06-2011

From: Monica Duke <m.duke@ukoln.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2011 14:26:24 +0100
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-Id: <4A0B7470-F86B-4354-B512-E6946ADC9597@ukoln.ac.uk>
The minutes for the meeting of the LLD XG of 23-06-2011 are available at the following link, and a text version follows.

>  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.htm
> 

[1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                                LLD XG

23 Jun 2011

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0068.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-irc

Attendees

   Present
          antoine, jodi, monica, ww, kai, jeff_, rayd, kefo, edsu,
          daniel

   Regrets
          Marcia, Emma, Tom, Peter, Lars, Karen, Joachim, Kim, Gordon

   Chair
          Antoine

   Scribe
          Monica

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]ADMIN
         2. [6]FINAL REPORT
     * [7]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

   <antoine> Previous: 2010-06-16
   [8]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minut
   es.html

      [8] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html

   <antoine> [9]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html

      [9] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html

   <antoine> Scribe: Monica

   <antoine> Scribenick: monica

ADMIN

   Antoine: any comments on the minutes?

   <antoine>
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minu
   tes.html

     [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html

   RESOLUTION: To accept
   [11]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/15-lld-minu
   tes.html

     [11] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/15-lld-minutes.html

   --accepted

FINAL REPORT

   Antoine: draft call circulated yesterday, to be sent to various
   lists identified

   <antoine>
   [12]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0023.h
   tml

     [12] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0023.html

   Jodi: everything fine, but links at the bottom might be better
   in-line, for reference

   Antoine: agreed, good comment
   ... can we move on to the blog?

   <scribe> ACTION: Monica to set up blog for comments on Monday
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05

   <scribe> --DONE

   [14]http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/w3clld/

     [14] http://blogs.ukoln.ac.uk/w3clld/

   <antoine> monica: digress.it should be happening soon

   <antoine> ... hope it will be there tomorrow

   <antoine> ... there will be one day downtime

   <antoine> monica: downtime before content is put there?

   <antoine> Jodi: downtime first would be better

   <antoine> Monica: today or first thing tomorrow?

   Antoine: Monica, Jodi, emma and Antoine are registered as admin
   ... do we have time to publish the content quickly?
   ... the idea is to post all the sections as separate items and use
   feature of the blog to re-organise the content according to the
   structure of the report
   ... we have been discussing between us as we answered the call for
   admins, but others are welcome to join
   ... anyone interested in this effort over coming 2-3 days?

   jodi: we should solicit other people to be involved
   ... I'm happy to moderate comments

   Antoine: if no-one on call would like to volunteer it might be
   difficult to get them later

   <scribe> ACTION: Monica to send email to ask for more volunteers
   otherwise we will continue on our own [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action02]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action02

   Antoine: What should we post on this blog?
   ... One post per section
   ... from previous discussion these posts should link to the live
   version on the wiki page

   Jodi: thinking about the versioning issue - not sure I can add more
   useful comments

   Antoine: content can be updated following any further observations

   keeping track of commentary/reviews --- discussion at
   [16]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0045.h
   tml

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Jun/0045.html

   Antoine: we need to be careful not to lose track of comments
   ... should each section keep track of comments to it?
   ... or should it be done on assigned reviewers page
   ... many section editors are not here today so it may be difficult
   to reach consensus today
   ... any strong preference from people here

   Jodi: it would be better if someone was overall in charge of keeping
   track
   ... not sure it matters where the comments go
   ... as long as we can see them all in one place

   Antoine: somewhere centralised would make it easier
   ... we would then need a volunteer
   ... could we rotate volunteers?
   ... one for past emails, then rotate for two weeks

   Jodi: agree with volunteer rotation

   Antoine: volunteer is to put the email on the wiki page and
   acknowledge receipt

   <dvilasuero> Hi, sorry I am having problems with my ip caller

   Antoine: it is polite to send a reply to say we are considering the
   comments
   ... no objection - volunteers?
   ... I volunteer for past comments

   <jeff_> I'll volunteer for next week.

   Monica: I can do the ones for the two weeks after

   Antoine: I do not think we will have hundreds

   <kai> Too stressy in the moment, in fact I am not allowed to
   volunteer for anything ;-)

   ACTION: Antoine to keep track and answer comments until today

   ACTION: Jeff to keep track of further comments between June 24 and
   June 30

   <scribe> ACTION: Monica to keep track of comments between July 1 and
   July 8 [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action03]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action03

   Antoine: we will then seek further volunteers
   ... in the coming calls

   EXECUTIVE SUMMARY (tbd) --
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary

   LIBRARY LINKED DATA": SCOPE OF THIS REPORT (Karen, Peter, Tom,
   Gordon, Jodi) --
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Li
   nked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits#.22Library_Linked_Data.22:_Scope_of_this_report

   BENEFITS OF LINKED DATA (Ed, Emmanuelle, Ross) --
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Benefits

   Antione: Ed, anything to report on Benefits?
   ... next one

   AVAILABLE VOCABULARIES AND DATASETS (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William)
   --
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Dat
   asets_Section

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Vocabularies_Datasets_Section

   Antoine: not much to say on this either

   RELEVANT TECHNOLOGIES (Jeff) --
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technol
   ogies

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_Relevant_Technologies

   Antoine: Jeff any comments?

   Jeff: some discussion off-line which has been reflected on the page
   ... more feedback from John Phiipps, we will discuss off-line then
   incorporate into the page

   Antoine: so the comments can be integrated without too much problem?

   Jeff: yes I think so, after discussion between a couple of us

   <scribe> ACTION: Gordon to review Relevant Technologies [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minu
   tes.html#action04] -- 2011-06-16: Gordon added as reviewer
   [CONTINUES]

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minutes.html#action04

   Anoine: maybe we can elaborate on one of the calls

   IMPLEMENTATION CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS TO ADOPTION (Karen, Peter,
   Tom, Gordon, Jodi) --
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_issues_page

   <scribe> ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources
   and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12]
   [CONTINUES]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12

   Jodi: nothing to add today on this section

   RECOMMENDATIONS AND NEXT STEPS (Karen, Peter, Tom, Gordon, Jodi) --
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_
   page

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Draft_recommendations_page

   <scribe> --continues

   LIBRARY LINKED DATA: VOCABULARIES AND DATASETS - SEPARATE
   DELIVERABLE (Antoine, Jeff, Marcia, William) --
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabulary_and_Dataset

   Antoine: comments received but not looked at yet

   Jeff: not looked in detail yet either

   Antoine: we need some time to digest the comments

   USE CASES (Daniel) - SEPARATE DELIVERABLE --
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport

   <scribe> ACTION: Jodi to review
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport for next
   week [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action14] [DONE]

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport
     [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action14

   Antoine: how are things going there?

   Jodi: some use cases are still being worked on, or waiting from
   response

   Antoine: do we need to ask people to contribute stuff? Daniel had
   sent some emails to ask for input
   ... Daniel maybe send some reminders

   <antoine> daniel, are you here?

   <dvilasuero> Yes

   <antoine> can you send reminders to the people who have not answered
   your request for contribution?

   <dvilasuero> I am here, I am waiting for an answer from Jodi and
   Uldis and Gordon/Karen

   <antoine> we need to make progress on this

   <dvilasuero> yes, I will do

   <dvilasuero> I have sent emails yesterday regarding this

   Antoine: we will check again on progress on this next week

   <dvilasuero> and I still need to finish some individual use cases

   Antoine: it would be a pity to end up with an incomplete deliverable
   given the work done on this document already

   <dvilasuero> but there is not much left to do

   <tbaker> (joining irc-only, from Beijing)

   Antoine: that completes the deliverables. Any other business?

   <dvilasuero> there are just some parragraphs of two clusters + 10
   individual uc short summaries

   Antoine: this call was expected to be short, we are entering summer
   period, we would expect calls to get shorter.
   ... meeting is adjourned.

   <dvilasuero> It will not end up incomplete for sure

   <antoine> ok, daniel!

   <antoine> ACTION: Antoine to keep track and answer comments until
   today [recorded in
   [31]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action07]

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action07

   <antoine> ACTION: Jeff to keep track of further comments between
   June 24 and June 30 [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action08]

     [32] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action08

   <antoine> ACTION: Monica to set up blog for comments on Monday
   [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2011/G06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to keep track and answer comments until today
   [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeff to keep track of further comments between June 24
   and June 30 [recorded in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action08]
   [NEW] ACTION: Monica to keep track of comments between July 1 and
   July 8 [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action03]
   [NEW] ACTION: Monica to send email to ask for more volunteers
   otherwise we will continue on our own [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Monica to set up blog for comments on Monday
   [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action07
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action08
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action03
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-lld-minutes.html#action02
     [38] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action05

   [PENDING] ACTION: Gordon to review Relevant Technologies [recorded
   in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minu
   tes.html#action04] -- 2011-06-16: Gordon added as reviewer
   [PENDING] ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources
   and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12]

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/09-lld-minutes.html#action04
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html#action12

   [DONE] ACTION: Jodi to review
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport for next
   week [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minu
   tes.html#action14]

     [41] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport
     [42] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/05/19-lld-minutes.html#action14

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [43]scribe.perl version 1.136
    ([44]CVS log)
    $Date: 2011/06/23 18:52:12 $

     [43] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [44] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 24 June 2011 13:26:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 24 June 2011 13:26:57 GMT