Re: AW: (regrets and schema.org)

From: Peter Murray <peter.murray@lyrasis.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 10:15:19 -0400
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
On Jun 22, 2011, at 9:48 AM, William Waites wrote:

> * [2011-06-22 07:37:47 -0400] Peter Murray <peter.murray@lyrasis.org> écrit:
> ] if there is a point to be made about how RDFa requires the XML
> ] serialization of HTML5 while Microdata can be done in the less restrictive
> ] HTML encoding (as well as the XML serialization).
>
> Good point, correct in principle but not sure how true this is in
> practice. As long as it isn't horrifically ill-formed I think you can
> manage to get RDFa into and out of non-XML HTML5. In other words I
> think it fails gracefully and works in practice.

I think I'm mostly in agreement, but what tripped me up at first view of schema.org was the boolean attributes (http://dltj.org/article/schema-org-invalid/).  It can be worked around, but it requires some forethought.

Peter
--
Peter Murray         Peter.Murray@lyrasis.org        tel:+1-678-235-2955
Ass't Director, Technology Services Development   http://dltj.org/about/