Von: public-xg-lld-request@w3.org [mailto:public-xg-lld-request@w3.org] Im Auftrag von Young,Jeff (OR)
Gesendet: Freitag, 17. Juni 2011 04:47
An: Neubert Joachim; William Waites; Emmanuelle Bermes
Cc: public-xg-lld
Betreff: RE: (regrets and schema.org)

I think the main threat of schema.org to Library Linked Data is that Microdata/Microformats (including RDFa) are tightly coupled with HTML markup. Semantics embedded in HTML may suit the needs of major search engines since they are crawling HTML documents anyway, but these formats aren't really suitable for bulk delivery to other interested parties. In principle, it would be possible for someone to publish the extracted semantics in bulk form without the HTML fluff (e.g. as RDF/XML or N-Triples), but what would the rights implications of doing this be?

Jeff