Re: No use of PREMIS in the Archives cluster?

From: Ed Summers <ehs@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:08:41 -0500
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 6:37 PM, Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de> wrote:
> I know Ed was involved in an effort to express the PREMIS vocabulary
> in RDF [3] but I do not know the status of that effort or its
> reception in the PREMIS community.  There is at any rate no mention
> of RDF on the Wikipedia page for PREMIS [4].

I don't think the PREMIS RDF vocabulary that Rob, John and I worked on
saw the light of day on the PREMIS discussion list. While I thought it
was a good start, I wasn't completely happy with the treatment of
identifiers, and a few other things.

A lot of work has gone into the PREMIS data model (as opposed to a
particular XML Schema) from a wide variety of folks in the digital
preservation community. My personal opinion is that an RDF vocabulary
for PREMIS would be an essential tool for a Linked Data practitioner
in the digital preservation area.

//Ed