RE: Cases

From: Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2011 16:26:19 -0500
To: "Antoine Isaac" <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, "Ray Denenberg" <rden@loc.gov>, "Gordon Dunsire" <gordon@gordondunsire.com>, "public-xg-lld" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Antoine,

To my mind, the Subject Search use case is "vocabulary alignment" in the
sense of aligning RDF vocabularies to human vocabulary via rdfs:label.
The WW2 illustration is meant to illustrate how Google's quote operator
can be used as a poor man's SPARQL endpoint IFF the rdfs:labels are
actually carried into the HTML representation. I think it would be hard
to rationalize this point in any other cluster. I won't be offended,
though, if the use case was dropped for being too subtle or
insignificant.

Jeff

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Component_Vocabulari

http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_VocAlign#Scenarios_.2