Re: social and emergent uses -- DRAFT -- call for use cases

On Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 11:41:08AM -0500, Jodi Schneider wrote:
> Is anything confusing?
> In particular, do ???social??? and ???emergent??? make sense? What do they evoke, for you?

Yes, I find "emergent uses" confusing.  Do you mean "(emergent) social uses"
(i.e., social uses, including emergent social uses)?

> W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/
>
> Call for Use Cases: Library Linked Data -- Social and Emergent Uses

    Call for Use Cases: Social uses and other new uses of Library Linked Data

captures what my understanding of what you'd like to elicit.

> Do you use library-related data -- like reading lists, library materials (articles, books, videos, cultural heritage or archival materials, etc), bookmarks, or annotations -- on the Web and mobile Web?
>
> Are you currently using social features in library-related information systems or sites, or plan to do so in the near future?

There is nothing in the formulations above that is specific
to linked data.  At this point, I would expect a transitional
sentence explaining that you are interested specifically in
uses that are related to, could benefit from, etc, the use
of linked data.

> The W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group is soliciting SOCIAL and EMERGENT use cases for library-related linked data:
> How is library and cultural heritage data used on the Web and in social media?

The "on the Web" bit vastly broadens the scope of the request.  It's
unclear here what you really want to ask.  Are you asking something like:

    What new or innovative uses do you see (or envision)
    integrating library and cultural heritage data into
    applications on the Web?

The rest looks good!

Tom

--