Re: vocabs, metadata set, datasets

Hi!

> I think it's important to be very specific about what we consider a
> "value" can be, hence the examples.

Yes, you're probably right. Ok, it stays in :)

> - I think the emphasis on value vocabs is too important in the current
> definition of dataset. It's actually creating confusion, in my view.

Hm... the emphesis is only in the confusions paragraph, or where do you
think its overemphasised?

It's hard to define what a metadata record is ("dataset" being just a
set of such records) without spending some time on metadata elements and
value vocabs.

Do you have specific suggestions on what to add/change?

> - I'm wondering if we could use the term "instance" (a dataset is a
> collection of instance descriptions) or is it too implementation oriented ?

I thought it might be too RDF centric term (non-intuitive to library
people), and moreover the instances we're talking about here are always
"metadata records" anyway.

Else we would have to say something ugly like "instance of metadata
element set entity" or "instance of metadata record type" to explain it.
Suggestions to circumvent this very welcome!

Mark