Re: Brainstorming: Key Issues

From: Peter Murray <peter.murray@lyrasis.org>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2011 17:13:04 -0500
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Another idea:

  * Teaching catalogers how to move from a "records" mental model to a
    "graph" mental model of interrelated statements.  This requires
    a fundamental shift of perspective that bundles up other
    related issues, among them that text labels for identifiers
    are not good enough.

This is possibly tangential to our charge, but I think our report needs to stake out some territory here for further development because there is a huge group of library professionals that are still trying to figure out how to shoehorn linked data in to the MARC record structure.

Peter
--
Peter Murray         Peter.Murray@lyrasis.org        tel:+1-678-235-2955
Ass't Director, Technology Services Development   http://dltj.org/about/