W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > August 2011

Minutes of 2011-08-25 LLD meeting

From: <gordon@gordondunsire.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 2011 20:15:47 +0100 (BST)
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Message-ID: <761532597.40287.1314299747816.JavaMail.open-xchange@oxltgw04.schlund.de>
Hi all:
 
The minutes of our telecon today are
athttp://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/25-lld-minutes.html
 
A text version follows at the end of this email.
 
This was the last scheduled telecon of the W3C Library Linked Data Incubator
Group.
 
On behalf of all scribes, I thank the Chairs - Tom, Emmanuelle, Antoine - for
their patience and tolerance, and for helping us out in times of need with such
good grace. They did a great job in keeping to the agenda, and keeping us ruly!
 
Cheers
 
Gordon
 



   [1]W3C
   [1] http://www.w3.org/
   LLD XG
   25 Aug 2011
   [2]Agenda
   [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0121.html
   See also: [3]IRC log
   [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/08/25-lld-irc
   Attendees
   Present
   rsinger, tbaker, antoine, emma, marcia, kcoyle, pmurray,
   GordonD, dvilasuero, jeff_, michaelp, jneubert
   Regrets
   Jodi
   Chair
   Antoine
   Scribe
   Gordon
   Contents
   * [4]Topics
   1. [5]ADMIN
   2. [6]ACTIONS RELATED TO DELIVERABLES
   3. [7]TRANSITION TO W3C COMMUNITY GROUP
   4. [8]CLOSE INCUBATOR GROUP AND HAND OVER TO PUBLICATION
   EDITORS
   * [9]Summary of Action Items
   _________________________________________________________
   <emma> Previous: 2011-08-18
   [10]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html
   [10] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html
   <antoine> Scribe: Gordon
   <antoine> Scribenick: GordonD
   ADMIN
   Resolved: To accept minutes of previous meeting
   <antoine>
   [11]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011Aug/0030.html
   [11] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2011Aug/0030.html
   <scribe> ACTION: Tom to post an announcement to the list that
   comment period has ended [recorded in
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action03] [DONE]
   [12]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action03
   ACTIONS RELATED TO DELIVERABLES
   <scribe> ACTION: Tom and Antoine to draft acknowledgements.
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action06] [DONE]
   [13]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action06
   <antoine>
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsDatase
   tDeliverable
   [14]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsDatasetDeliverable
   Antoine: We added acknowledgements to reviewers and CKAN curators
   Tom: William was a CKAN curator, too
   <antoine>
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsUseCas
   eDeliverable
   [15]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsUseCaseDeliverable
   Antoine: List of contributors to use-case deliverable (deliverable
   B) is quite long.
   Tom: Propose to put the list into acknowledgements.
   Karen: What is key are the names of those who contributed the use
   cases.
   ... No need to have specific members of the group mentioned, as
   everyone did some work.
   <emma> +1 for listing cluster editors
   <tbaker> +1
   <jeff_> +1
   <dvilasuero> +1
   <emma> +1
   <rsinger> +1
   <kcoyle> +1
   Antoine: So we have an acknowledgement section, and then the
   individual contributions
   RESOLUTION: To have Daniel as editor, and an acknowledgements
   section that lists the use case editors and individual contributors.
   <antoine>
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsMainDe
   liverable
   [16]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/AcknowledgementsMainDeliverable
   Antoine: For deliverable A (main deliverable), do we acknowledge
   just the editors, or all members of the group?
   Emma: Does this include group members who have carried out reviews?
   Antoine: Should include all significant contributions.
   <Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to propose that we list contributors in
   Acknowledgements
   <pmurray> +1 for at end and in paragraph form
   Karen: Acknowledgments shouldn't break up text; should go in a
   separate section.
   <rsinger> +1 here too
   <rsinger> otherwise it's like a musical, where the audience claps
   after every number
   <tbaker> +1 to post draft acknowledgements to list before finalizing
   <michaelp> +1 for a paragraph at the end, like the Provenance XG
   final report did:
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/XGR-prov-20101214/
   [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/prov/XGR-prov-20101214/
   Karen: Need to ensure we acknowledge everyone who warrants it.
   <michaelp> Don't we have to stick with W3C format, where editors are
   on top?
   Tom: Preference is to follow Provenance XG style: list editors, then
   a separate acknowledgments section somewhere (not necessarily at
   end), whatever W3C indicates.
   <dvilasuero> +1
   Antoine: We are probably ok with either editors listed at top of
   report, or included with other group members in acknowledgments.
   <kcoyle> I don't feel strongly one way or the other
   <marcia> +1
   <rsinger> yeah, i can't say i care that much
   <emma> I dont mind either ;-)
   <jeff_> I don't have an opinion
   <Zakim> emma, you wanted to suggest we look at this when the report
   is in definitive form
   Tom: Usual for editors to be given; we should list all those
   actively involved.
   <tbaker> +1
   <jeff_> +1
   Antoine: We should ask for advice from W3C colleagues; default is
   long list of editors.
   <emma> +1
   <kcoyle> +1
   <dvilasuero> +1
   <marcia> +1
   <michaelp> +1
   <scribe> ACTION: Chair to solicit feedback from W3C contacts
   regarding the editor list issue. [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/25-lld-minu
   tes.html#action03]
   <antoine> Executive summary:
   [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0041.h
   tml
   [19] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0041.html
   Emma: Exec summary is short enough to be in just one part, with no
   internal divisions.
   <tbaker> +1 to keep the summary as one block
   <kcoyle> +1
   <jeff_> +1
   <scribe> ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the
   executive summary [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minu
   tes.html#action05] [DONE]
   [20]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action05
   <Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to propose that we give copy editors
   latitude to make improvements
   <rsinger> +1
   <rsinger> no objection
   <kcoyle> and we need to fix capitalization, etc.
   <jeff_> +1
   <michaelp> +1 to give copy editors latitude to smooth things
   <marcia> +1
   <antoine> I've just fixed the summary:
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary
   [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ExecutiveSummary
   <scribe> ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence in Scope adding
   cultural and memory institutions together in some way [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu
   tes.html#action03] [DONE]
   [22]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action03
   <antoine>
   [23]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0087.h
   tml
   [23] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0087.html
   <tbaker> +1 looks good
   <scribe> ACTION: Ross to propose sentence in Benefits about sum
   being more than the parts [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action07] [DONE]
   [24]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action07
   <antoine>
   [25]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0088.h
   tml
   [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0088.html
   <tbaker> +1 ross, nice result!
   <kcoyle> and very good, thanks ross!
   <emma> Ross++
   <rsinger> no, thanks karen and tom
   <jeff_> +1
   <rsinger> very good improvements
   <michaelp> +1
   Daniel: Use Case report: Most of Emma's comments on use cases have
   been actioned.
   <dvilasuero>
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport#Bibliogr
   aphic_data
   [26]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseReport#Bibliographic_data
   <emma> the table looks good !
   <pmurray> This is good. I like the higher-level overview.
   <marcia> Very good table and overview
   Daniel: Deliverable will close tomorrow, so last chance for further
   comments.
   <kcoyle> looks good
   <emma> +1 for tables and finishing the deliverable tomorrow
   Daniel: Table approach will be extended to all clusters.
   <kcoyle> it may be different when html'd
   <kcoyle> we could do it as two columns
   <kcoyle> two sets of columns
   Antoine: Table may be too long.
   <pmurray> This structure looks fine to me. I think it is a clear
   overview.
   Tom: Clarify: there is one table per cluster, and the example is the
   longest.
   Antoine: Just realized HTML version will benefit from numbering of
   sections.
   <jneubert> +1 to numbering
   <dvilasuero> +1 to numbering
   <pmurray> Yeah, we can adjust the numbering in the static HTML
   version.
   <Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to point out that References need to be
   deleted and replaced
   Tom: Wiki reference links need to be replaced with URLs.
   <scribe> ACTION: Emma to review Use Cases and make comments
   [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu
   tes.html#action07] [DONE]
   [27]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action07
   <tbaker> thanks for the great work, Daniel!
   Daniel: Thank you to Emmanuelle for the very helpful comments.
   <dvilasuero> thanks everyone
   Antoine: And thanks to Daniel.
   <scribe> ACTION: Chairs, Karen, Peter to migrate wiki content to
   HTML after wiki content is frozen on 25 August call [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action16]
   [28]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action16
   <scribe> --Continues
   <Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to point out that Jodi is part of that
   team now too
   <pmurray> Sounds good.
   Tom: We can continue to use Zakim in the Thursday slot; suggest
   report converters use this for discussion.
   ... I will take lead for this activity.
   <scribe> ACTION: Chairs to prepare press release with W3C [recorded
   in
   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action17]
   [29]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action17
   <scribe> --Continues
   Emma: Can use format generally used in previous W3C press releases.
   <Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to address the issue of application
   profiles -
   [30]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0134.h
   tml
   [30] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0134.html
   Tom: References to application profiles in the report are somewhat
   confused, and should be clarified.
   ... a substantial change; proposed in email.
   Jeff: Is there a better term to use instead of application profile?
   <Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to say I don't think the problem is with
   the term "application profile"
   <marcia> Tom's comments at:
   [31]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0134.h
   tml
   [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0134.html
   Tom: The problem is that the concept is not related to alignments
   (where it is currently referenced), but it is related closely to
   re-use of elements.
   <michaelp> +1 to Tom's explanation
   <jeff_> +1
   Antoine: I will send some comments on the proposals via email
   immediately after this call, and allow an additional day of
   discussion.
   <kcoyle> +1
   Antoine: No objections to proposal to rename Linking issues section.
   <marcia> fine either way
   Jeff: No objection.
   <tbaker> "Semantic interoperability of vocabularies"?
   Michael: "Interoperability" better than "Alignment"?
   Antoine: Will ensure alignment is appropriately defined in the
   report.
   <marcia> yes, we need another day to clear this up
   <Zakim> tbaker, you wanted to suggest we need a day to clear this up
   too...
   Antoine: Various tasks to complete, but nothing significant.
   TRANSITION TO W3C COMMUNITY GROUP
   Antoine: Little new to report; no strong leadership at this moment.
   <pmurray> We may want to see reaction to the report before seeing if
   there is a desire for a community group.
   CLOSE INCUBATOR GROUP AND HAND OVER TO PUBLICATION EDITORS
   Antoine: This was the final official telecon. We will continue over
   the next few weeks to finish off the report.
   <kcoyle> applause
   <emma> one last comment : thank you everyone !!!!
   Antoine: Fantastic work has been done; thank you everyone.
   <dvilasuero> thank you very much everyone!!!
   <marcia> A great team and a great year. Thanks the leaders and thank
   you everyone!!!
   <emma> great time working with you all
   <jeff_> Thanks to everyone, especially the chairs!
   <tbaker> Thank you everyone!!
   <pmurray> Great to see the conclusion. I think this will be a
   landmark report.
   Antoine: I hope we keep in touch ...
   <rsinger> yes, definitely - thanks so much chairs and everyone
   <michaelp> Great thanks to the chairs for shepherding the group!
   <tbaker> I think we're done!
   <rsinger> thanks!
   <marcia> Keep in touch! bye
   <jeff_> Bye!
   <jneubert> Thank all of you, and especially to the people working on
   the final steps
   <dvilasuero> bye!!
   Summary of Action Items
   [NEW] ACTION: Chair to solicit feedback from W3C contacts regarding
   the editor list issue. [recorded in
   [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/25-lld-minu
   tes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Chairs to prepare press release with W3C [recorded
   in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action17]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Chairs, Karen, Peter to migrate wiki content to
   HTML after wiki content is frozen on 25 August call [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action16]
   [33]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action17
   [34]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action16
   [DONE] ACTION: Emma to review Use Cases and make comments [recorded
   in
   [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu
   tes.html#action07]
   [DONE] ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence in Scope adding
   cultural and memory institutions together in some way [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu
   tes.html#action03]
   [DONE] ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the
   executive summary [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minu
   tes.html#action05]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ross to propose sentence in Benefits about sum being
   more than the parts [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action07]
   [DONE] ACTION: Tom and Antoine to draft acknowledgements. [recorded
   in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action06]
   [DONE] ACTION: Tom to post an announcement to the list that comment
   period has ended [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu
   tes.html#action03]
   [35]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action07
   [36]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html#action03
   [37]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html#action05
   [38]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action07
   [39]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action06
   [40]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html#action03
   [End of minutes]
   _________________________________________________________
   Minutes formatted by David Booth's [41]scribe.perl version 1.136
   ([42]CVS log)
   $Date: 2011/08/25 16:57:49 $
   [41] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
   [42] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 25 August 2011 19:16:28 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 25 August 2011 19:16:29 GMT