W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > August 2011

Minutes of 2011-08-18 LLD meeting

From: Panzer,Michael <panzerm@oclc.org>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:12:46 -0400
Message-ID: <AA3DCFAA4E87BD40BBAA507B1C36CC3D0645DB00@OAEXCH4SERVER.oa.oclc.org>
To: <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

 

The minutes of our last telecon are at
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minutes.html
.

 

A text version follows.

 

Cheers,

Michael

 

-----

   [1]W3C

 

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

 

                                LLD XG

 

18 Aug 2011

 

   [2]Agenda

 

      [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2011Aug/0065.html

 

   See also: [3]IRC log

 

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2011/08/18-lld-irc

 

Attendees

 

   Present

          tbaker, jeff_, antoine, michaelp, marcia, kcoyle, pmurray,

          edsu, rsinger

 

   Regrets

          Gordon, Jodi, Lars, Kai, Uldis, Jeff

 

   Chair

          Tom

 

   Scribe

          michaelp

 

Contents

 

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]Admin

         2. [6]Public Comments

         3. [7]Deliverables

         4. [8]Actions related to deliverables

         5. [9]Finalization of report

         6. [10]Stanford Workshop

         7. [11]Transition to Community Group

     * [12]Summary of Action Items

     _________________________________________________________

 

   <tbaker> Previous:

   [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/11-lld-minu

   tes.html

 

     [13]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/11-lld-minutes.html

 

   yes

 

   yes sure

 

   <tbaker> scribe: michaelp

 

   <tbaker> scribenick: michaelp

 

Admin

 

   Tom: No objection to the minites?

   ... Minutes accepted

   ... Future telecons

   ... We can continue to use the telecon slot for coordinating the

   editing.

 

Public Comments

 

   Tom: We had an action to keep track of comments

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Emma to keep track of comments through AUG. 11

   [recorded in

   [14]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03] [DONE]

 

     [14]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action03

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Jodi to make an alternative transclusion [recorded

   in

   [15]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action04] [DONE]

 

     [15]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action04

 

   <scribe> see

   [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTranscl

   usion

 

     [16]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion

 

   Tom: At some point, we have to stop taking major comments into

   consideration.

   ... I think we need to close the action to watch for substantial

   comments.

   ... However, we need somebody who is willing to watch the mailing

   list and blog.

   ... This person should announce that we are transitioning to

   finalizing the report.

 

   <antoine> +1 for closing the action

 

   Karen: Any comments that appear on the list become discussions on

   the list. No special reply needed.

 

   Tom: Should we post note to the list that comment period has ended?

 

   Karen: Yes.

 

   <marcia> *+

 

   <marcia> Agree Karen

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Tom to post an announcement to the list that

   comment period has ended [recorded in

   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03]

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Editors of each section should watch for

   substantial comments to their section [recorded in

   [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action06] [DONE]

 

     [18]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html
#action06

 

Deliverables

 

   <kcoyle> yes to title -

 

   Tom: We don't have a title for the report yet, but I would propose

   "Library Linked Data Incubator Group Final Report: W3C Incubator

   Group Report xx September 2011"

 

   <antoine> +1 to title: not exciting but explicit...

 

   <Emma> +1

 

   Tom: We have to write acknowledgements first.

   ... We should have brief discussions who to include from inside and

   outside the working group.

 

   <kcoyle> I think the chairs should do it

 

   <antoine> me is volunteering

 

   Tom: Who is willing to take on an action to draft acknowledgements?

 

   <edsu> +1 for chairs

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Tom and Antoine to draft acknowledgements.

   [recorded in

   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action06]

 

   <antoine> it would look like

   [20]http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/#secack, probably

 

     [20] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer/#secack

 

   <kcoyle> listing editors seems pretty neutral

 

   <antoine> together with a quite complete listing of editors and

   contributors from XG

 

   <marcia> maybe include also whoever were invited to our telecons

 

   <kcoyle> antoine, yes

 

   <antoine> @marcia: maybe we could ack people related to JISC and

  UKOLN who came and gave us some light

 

   <edsu> is the draft available yet? sorry if it has been announced

   and i just missed it

 

   UNKNOWN_SPEAKER: Main part of the report: Executive summary. We have

   to find a date next week to look at the sumamry together.

 

   <antoine> @edsu: the latest version is still at

   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTranscl

   usion

 

     [21]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion

 

   <edsu> antoine: thnx

 

   Karen: The group should feel free to edit before the call.

 

   Tom: I volunteered to write an introductory paragraph. Still to be

   done.

 

   <rsinger> better late than never, i guess

 

   <rsinger> ugh

 

   <edsu> lol :)

 

   Tom: We received comment on "Current situtation" we have to take

   into account

 

   <antoine>

   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTranscl

   usion#Data_availability

 

     [22]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/DraftReportWithTransclusion#Da
ta_availability

 

   Antoine: Just wanted to check that general size and tone of new

   edits is fitting to the other parts in this section.

 

   <Emma> I sent comments this morning re: current situation, but I

   also offered to make the changes if the comments make sense to you

   guys.

 

   Ross: Benefits section. Something was completely lost that was in

   the comments.

   ... It is the stew that matters not the individual components for

   linked data. All has to come together.

   ... This is not reflected in the section.

 

   <antoine> ross++ it is bad if we entirely lost the "stone stew"

   message

 

   <marcia> +1 for Ross' observation

 

   <edsu> maybe we just need a stone soup of some happy people eating

   stone soup :)

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Ross to propose sentence about sum being more than

   the parts [recorded in

   [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action07]

 

   <edsu> s/graphice/graphic/

 

   <kcoyle> just appendices is fine

 

  Tom: Technical Appendix. How do we want to set this apart in the

   final version?

 

   <antoine> +1

 

   <rsinger> edsu: or a very long footnote explaining how the stone

   does not refer explicitly to MARC, unless that's how you want to

   read it, etc.

 

   <rsinger> edsu: VERY long footnote

 

   Tom: How do we mark this as "technical"?

 

   <antoine> Just "appendix"

 

   <marcia> 'Part II"?

 

   <rsinger> +1 to "just appendix"

 

   Michael: +1 to just call it "Appendix"

 

   <Emma> +1 for appendix

 

   <pmurray> +1 Agreed.

 

   <antoine> will do

 

   Tom: Ok, decided.

 

   <marcia> I think we answered all comments and suggestions, including

   from blog.

 

   Antoine: We still have some outstanding comments for vocabs and

   datasets.

 

   <antoine> almost :-)

 

   Tom: Deliverable B: Use Cases

   ... Antoine: I would not object to Daniel being the sole editor.

   ... But all contributors to the cluster should be listed.

   ... A lot of work went into these pages.

   ... Maybe Antoine and I could make a proposal how to handle the

   naming of contributors for the use cases?

 

   Antoine: Overlap with general contributors will be quite large.

 

   Tom: We can also ask Daniel and Jodi.

 

   <antoine> I think so

 

   Tom: Deliverable C: Title and editors OK?

 

   <marcia> Set = Sets

 

   Tom: No objections. Default will stand.

 

   <marcia> title missing a 's'

 

   <marcia> Deliverable C "W3C Library Linked Data Incubator Group:

   Datasets, Value Vocabularies, and Metadata Element Set" -- "Sets"

 

Actions related to deliverables

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the

   executive summary [recorded in

   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minu

   tes.html#action05] [CONTINUED]

 

     [24]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html
#action05

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence adding cultural

   and memory institutions together in some way [recorded in

   [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03] [CONTINUED]

 

     [25]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html
#action03

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Editors of Benefits to meet and work on the

   comments. [recorded in

   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action07] [DONE]

 

     [26]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action07

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Karen will track items from former "issues" and

   "recommendations" that belong to benefits [recorded in

   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08] [DONE]

 

     [27]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action08

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeff to integrate more refined view of

   non-resolvable URIs and linking. [recorded in

   [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08] [DONE]

 

     [28]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html
#action08

 

   <tbaker>

   [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_

   Relevant_Technologies&diff=5746&oldid=5294 - Jeff on URIs

 

     [29]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/index.php?title=Draft_Relevant
_Technologies&diff=5746&oldid=5294

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Karen will convene issues and recommendations group

   to identify things that need to be discussed with larger group for

   July 21 meeting [recorded in

   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action04] [DONE]

 

     [30]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html
#action04

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources

   and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in

   [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minu

   tes.html#action12] [DONE]

 

     [31]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html
#action12

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Emma to review Use Cases and make comments

   [recorded in

   [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action07] [CONTINUED]

 

     [32]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html
#action07

 

Finalization of report

 

   Tom: We have remaining writing tasks as discussed above.

   ... We need to declare the comment period closed.

   ... Next week, we need to start moving thing over to HTML.

   ... Go/No-go vote next week + final quality checks.

   ... We have to trust the editors whether things are ready to be

   moved over to HTML

 

   Karen: Isn't this part of the editorial work anyway?

 

   Tom: It would be nice to have third parties look over it, but we

   don't seem to have enough resources.

   ... So we will rely on the editors.

 

   <kcoyle> where does the html live? w3c site?

 

   Tom: Moving wiki docs over to HTML: Ideally, we should have

   volunteers that have experience with this.

 

   <tbaker> How to migrate from wiki to HTML

   [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Publishing_Incubator_G

   roup_Documents

 

     [33]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Publishing_Incubator_Group_Doc
uments

 

   <pmurray> Seems straightforward enough to do...

 

   <kcoyle> wouldn't it be easier to just take the wiki stuff as text?

 

   <pmurray> Put me down as helping with that.

 

   <kcoyle> it should be easy to code the text up

 

   Karen: Given that our doc is mostly text, we could just grab text an

   then mark it up.

 

   Tom: We also have to run it through the publication checker.

   ... To make sure it conform to W3C standards

   ... Chairs will be involved. Karen and Peter also.

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Chairs, Karen, Peter to migrate wiki content to

   HTML [recorded in

   [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action16]

 

   Tom: Response to the list on how LLD XG handled comments?

 

   Antoine: We cannot generally acknowledge comments individually.

 

   <Emma> Maybe say a word about comments handling in the methodology

   section of the report ?

 

   Tom: We can point to where we acknowledged the comments summarily

   and can respond that we took all into consideration.

   ... We can add a sentence about comment handling in introductory

   remarks.

 

   Antoine: Should I still send draft mails for specific comments to my

   section?

 

   <scribe> ACTION: Chairs to prepare press release with W3C [recorded

   in

   [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action17]

 

Stanford Workshop

 

   Tom: Any comments?

 

   <antoine> I've not heard about activity there...

 

Transition to Community Group

 

   <antoine> Anyone going to LOD-LAM-DC?

 

   Tom: We will have to close out the XG in order to be able to

   transition to community group, but we have not identified any

   leaders yet.

 

   <Emma> a lot of people asked me about it at IFLA

 

   <kcoyle> haven't heard about lod-lam-dc. got a link?

 

   <marcia> There is an email about LAM-DC

 

   Tom: I follow up with Jon Voss about this.

 

   <edsu> jon voss' event in december

   [36]http://lod-lam.net/summit/2011/08/17/lodlam-dc/

 

     [36] http://lod-lam.net/summit/2011/08/17/lodlam-dc/

 

   Tom: Thanks to all. Next week: final telecon!

 

   <marcia> thank you, Tom.

 

   Tom: Meeting adjourned.

 

   Sure, I think Im still muted

 

  <Emma> Bye all !

 

Summary of Action Items

 

   [NEW] ACTION: Chairs to prepare press release with W3C [recorded in

   [37]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action17]

   [NEW] ACTION: Chairs, Karen, Peter to migrate wiki content to HTML

   [recorded in

   [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action16]

   [NEW] ACTION: Ross to propose sentence about sum being more than the

   parts [recorded in

   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action07]

   [NEW] ACTION: Tom and Antoine to draft acknowledgements. [recorded

   in

   [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action06]

   [NEW] ACTION: Tom to post an announcement to the list that comment

   period has ended [recorded in

   [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/18-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03]

 

   [PENDING] ACTION: Emma to review Use Cases and make comments

   [recorded in

   [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action07]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Karen and Emma to write a sentence adding cultural

   and memory institutions together in some way [recorded in

   [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Karen, Tom, Michael, and Gordon to write the

   executive summary [recorded in

   [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minu

   tes.html#action05]

 

     [42]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html
#action07

     [43]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html
#action03

     [44]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html
#action05

 

   [DONE] ACTION: Editors of Benefits to meet and work on the comments.

   [recorded in

   [45]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action07]

   [DONE] ACTION: Editors of each section should watch for substantial

   comments to their section [recorded in

   [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action06]

   [DONE] ACTION: Emma to keep track of comments through AUG. 11

   [recorded in

   [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03]

   [DONE] ACTION: Jeff to integrate more refined view of non-resolvable

   URIs and linking. [recorded in

   [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08]

   [DONE] ACTION: Karen and Antoine to relate Library Data Resources

   and Library Standards and Linked data [recorded in

   [49]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minu

   tes.html#action12]

   [DONE] ACTION: Karen will convene issues and recommendations group

   to identify things that need to be discussed with larger group for

   July 21 meeting [recorded in

   [50]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action04]

   [DONE] ACTION: Karen will track items from former "issues" and

   "recommendations" that belong to benefits [recorded in

   [51]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08]

   [DONE] ACTION: Jodi to make an alternative transclusion [recorded in

   [52]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minu

   tes.html#action04]

 

     [45]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action07

     [46]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/30-lld-minutes.html
#action06

     [47]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action03

     [48]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/21-lld-minutes.html
#action08

     [49]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/06/16-lld-minutes.html
#action12

     [50]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/07/07-lld-minutes.html
#action04

     [51]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action08

     [52]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2011/08/04-lld-minutes.html
#action04

 

   [End of minutes]

     _________________________________________________________

 

 

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [53]scribe.perl version 1.136

    ([54]CVS log)

    $Date: 2011/08/24 10:05:45 $

 

     [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Wednesday, 24 August 2011 16:13:55 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 24 August 2011 16:13:56 GMT