RE: capitalization etc?

From: Young,Jeff (OR) <jyoung@oclc.org>
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2011 22:24:21 -0400
To: "Karen Coyle" <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
> Note:
> linked data (when referring to a general concept)
> library linked data (when talking about library linked data, not the
> group)
> web (as a general adjective: a web of links)
>
> One caveat: in a sentence, "Linked Data" provides more emphasis than
> "linked data". That is an advantage, but I'm not sure if LD has real
> "thingness" at this point. It seems to have multiple meanings and
> there isn't a single thing we can point to that is linked data, not in
> the sense of the Semantic Web, which has a specific meaning given to
> it by W3C.

IMO, "Linked Data" is a meaningful proper name. It's essence is captured
in the incremental matrix formed by TimBL's 4 rules and 5 stars:

http://www.w3.org/DesignIssues/LinkedData.html

The basic protocol mechanics are documented in "Cool URIs for the
Semantic Web":

http://www.w3.org/TR/cooluris/

The fundamental question for Library Linked Data is which formalized
vocabularies (aka models) libraries develop/adopt.

Jeff