Re: Short names

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 13:04:43 -0400
To: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>
Cc: public-xg-lld@w3.org
On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 at 09:43:03AM -0700, Karen Coyle wrote:
> I have added short names to the topics page. I tried to use names that
> are pronounceable and make sense, but of course that only means they
> make sense to me. Shall we take a short time for review (sorry this is
> so close to our meeting deadlines), in which others make or suggest
> changes?

Hi Karen,

They generally look great!  A few suggestions below.

-- LLD.INVENTORY makes me think of "inventory data". Maybe:

   I don't think we should worry too much about making the
   names super-short...

-- "Populating reference data models when legacy data is not
   perfectly fitting (see this thread on partial FRBR data)
   [antoine] [LLD. REFERENCE-DATA]"

-- "Check if and how to use SKOS to describe integrated KOS
   or mapping results. [marcia, keckert] [LLD. SKOS]"

-- "Dilemma between skos:concept and foaf:person (rda:person,
   frbr:person, frad:person) for person authorities [jyoung4,
   ahaffner, bvatant, ndelaforge, keckert, wwaites2, rsinger,
   marma, emmanuelle, abartov] [LLD. PERSON]"

-- "The Linked Data paradigm and the Metadata Record
   paradigm [GordonD, AMicsik, dlukose, emmanuelle, jphipps]

-- "Models for packaging Linked Data in records, e.g.,
   Named Graphs [jyoung4, keckert, StuWeibel, emmanuelle]

Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>