W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > October 2010

Minutes of 2010-10-07 LLD meeting

From: Ray Denenberg, Library of Congress <rden@loc.gov>
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2010 15:59:19 -0400
To: <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <04fb01cb6723$4c06ee30$e414ca90$@gov>
The minutes of yesterday's call are at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minutes.html

A text version follows.

 -- Ray

 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Text:

 [1]W3C

 

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

 

                                LLD XG

 

07 Oct 2010

 

   [2]Agenda

 

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0016.html

 

   See also: [3]IRC log

 

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/10/07-lld-irc

 

Attendees

 

 

   Present

          Emmanuelle Bermes (emma), Thomas Baker (TomB), Jeff Young

          (jeff), Antoine Isaac (antoine), Jonathan Rees

          (Jonathan_Rees), Ross Singer (rsinger), Marcia Zeng (marcia),

          Tod Matola (matolat), Karen Coyle (kcoyle), Ray Denenberg

          (rayd), pmurray, Kim Viljanen (digikim), Oreste Signore

          (Oreste), MarkA, Michael Panzer (michaelp)

 

   Regrets

          Anette, Gordon, Jodi, Felix, Lars, Alex, Kai, Monica, Martin,

          Andras, Jon, Kevin, Oreste

 

   Chair

          Emmanuelle

 

   Scribe

          Ray

 

Contents

 

     * [4]Topics

         1. [5]admin

         2. [6]summary of telecon

         3. [7]face to face meeting

         4. [8]sat/sun part of meeting

         5. [9]Use cases

         6. [10]actions

         7. [11]use topics

         8. [12]Topics

         9. [13]wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas

        10. [14]upcoming topics

     * [15]Summary of Action Items

     _________________________________________________________

 

   <oreste> regrets, called in another meeting, I will leave a few

   minutes after the telecon start

 

   <emma> Previous: 2010-09-30

   [16]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html

 

     [16] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html

 

   <emma> Scribe: Ray

 

   <emma> scribenick: rayd

 

admin

 

   emma: Accept minutes?

 

   <antoine> RESOLVED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:

   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html

 

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html

 

   emma: Minutes accepted.

 

summary of telecon

 

   emma: Meeting Friday Oct 22, joint meeting with DC architecture.

   There is a draft agenda, will post link.

 

   tomB:Summary of the teleconference with DC Architecture: discussion

   of whether to move forward or not with dcmi model; a lot has changed

   since model was put forward. Looking at ways to deprecate the model

   and adopt the RDF abstract model. Will finalize by October 15 for

   the meeting on the 22nd. There will be many who show up because they

   are already at the DC meeting, in addition to the 16 already signed

   up, so if you plan to attend please sign up. There are good

   presentations planned for the meeting on the 22nd.We want to be able

   to compare and contrast the 2 different approaches. Marcia and

   Gordon will present. There will be a long discussion about

   requirement s for application profiles - one profile or several.

 

   antoine: Is everyone happy with proposed agenda?

 

   tomB: Program is solid now, not much time for more, focus on

   preparing for meeting based on agenda as proposed.

 

   <antoine> ACTION: Any proposed changes to agenda for joint meeting

   with DC Architecture Forum

   ([18]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010), please email

   TomB [recorded in

   [19]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action01] [DONE]

 

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010)

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action01

 

face to face meeting

 

Sat/Sun part of meeting

 

   <emma> [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh

 

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh

 

   emma: Lots of change on the agenda, everyone look at it. If you

   haven't registered and you plan to come, add your name.

   Everyone attending should present a use case. Sunday session will be

   on use cases and topics.

 

Use cases

 

   <Abartov> so, seeing as I have only recently added my use case,

   should I add it to the F2F agenda in case I make it there?

 

   <antoine> yes!

 

   <kcoyle> yes, reminder

 

   <pmurray> reminder++

 

   <marcia> yes, some organization has been preparing, e.g., FAO

 

   <antoine> my yes was to abartov :-)

 

   emma: Should we send reminder to lists about use cases?

 

   <marcia> +1

 

   <kcoyle> yes, same as first time

 

   <Zakim> pmurray, you wanted to discuss library-oriented lists

 

   <oreste> sorry, leaving for the other meeting

 

   pmurray: Should we add more library-oriented lists, e.g. code4lib?

 

   <antoine> code4lib is on the list...

 

   <antoine> ACTION: first use case call senders to send a reminder to

   the lists they added on

   [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists

   [recorded in

   [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action02]

 

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists

 

   <emma> [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes

 

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCaseNotes

 

   emma: On the use case notes page, review it to see if there are use

   cases missing. e.g. citations.

 

   kcoyle: During discussion at face to face are we going to try to

   fill in gaps?

 

   <antoine> +1 for just identifying the gaps at the F2F first

 

   <TomB> +1 for identifying gaps - we can work on filling them during

   the rest of our charter

 

   emma: Good question, not sure there will be time. We will have time

   after face to face to fill in gaps.

 

   <MarkA> don't see the SURF UC (contributed at dutchsemweb-l) in the

   list?

 

   <marcia> +1 for identifying gaps. Members who contributed UCs may be

   able to fill in more

 

   <antoine> I plan to send them a mail later asking them to try to

   fill the form

 

   <antoine> it was an interesting case in fact

 

actions

 

   <antoine> ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to

   structure the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list

   [recorded in

   [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minu

   tes.html#action01] [CONTINUES]

 

     [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01

 

   <antoine> ACTION: Karen to export spreadsheet, and Asaf to convert

   to wiki table [recorded in

   [25]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action02] [DONE]

 

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action02

 

 

   <antoine> ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches

   [recorded in

   [26]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03] [CONTINUES]

 

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03

 

   <antoine> ACTION: Topic owners to check table and think about

   supplying additional use-cases [recorded in

   [27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action04] [CONTINUES]

 

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action04

 

   <antoine> ACTION: Alexander to create wiki page for identifying

   requirements [recorded in

   [28]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action06] [DONE]

 

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action06

 

 

   kcoyle: It occurs to me that we didn't ask people what gaps they

   see.

 

   emma: This should go in the "Problems and Limitations" sections.

 

   kcoyle: Do we have good enough gap analysis?

 

   <digikim> (off topic: MarkVanAssem: SeCo won 1 hour ago the first

   prize in a open data competition in Finland:

   [29]http://www.slideshare.net/apps4finland/apps4finland-2010-voittaj

   at -- check slide 15; sorry partially in Finnish)

 

     [29] http://www.slideshare.net/apps4finland/apps4finland-2010-voittajat

 

   emma: We should refer gaps back to the use case owner when they are

   identified.

 

   <Abartov> +1

 

   <digikim> :)

 

   emma: It would be good if every attendee would act as an advocate

   for one use case. (Not a use case which the attendee has

   contributed, someone else's use case.)

 

   <Abartov> +1

 

   <kcoyle> yes

 

   <antoine> +1 (but I'm not here next week :-)

 

 

   <pmurray> Did you say people /not/ advocate for a use case they have

   submitted?

 

   <TomB> +1 - "shepherds" lead discussion of that use case...

 

   <antoine> @pmurray: yes

 

   <MarkA> digikim: congrats!!

 

   <antoine> digikim++

 

   <MarkA> +1 shepherds

 

   <pmurray> Agreed.

 

   <Abartov> We could try to identify UCs whose owners won't be at the

   F2F, and see if we can match volunteers to work with the owner and

   prepare to advocate the UC at the F2F.

 

   <antoine> good idea, asaf

 

   <TomB> Where should "shepherds" sign their names -- directly in

   [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_cas

   e_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 ?

 

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30

 

   <matolat> how much time per case? Or will it be by interest?

 

   <antoine> ACTION: participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds'

   by signing their names in

   [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_cas

   e_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in

   [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08]

 

     [31] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30

 

   <MarkA> shepherd = champion, proponent

 

   <rayd>I don't think either "shepherd" or "advocate" is quite the

   right term, I think "presenter" is.

 

   <emma> The shepherd should have read the UC carefully and be

   prepared to lead discussion. It's not about producing an analysis

   but to lead discussion. Everyone should read 1 or 2 UCs, in order to

   spread the work

 

   <TomB> discussion leader?

 

   <rsinger> they are also moderator

 

Topics

 

   <marcia> [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics

 

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics

 

   kcoyle: Do we want to do any more work elaborating on topics before

   f2f or leave it as is?

 

   <marcia> I think some editing may be needed

 

   emma: Ok to leave table as starting point.

 

   <TomB> +1 for short names, "handles" - better than numbers...

 

   kcoyle: Can add short name for reference.

 

   <marcia> +1 for short names

 

   <TomB> Karen, see [34]http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/#Requirements

   for examples of short names

 

     [34] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-ucr/#Requirements

 

   <antoine> ACTION: karen to add short names to the topics page

   [recorded in

   [35]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action09]

 

   <antoine> ACTION: Everyone to elaborate on topics in the wiki

   [recorded in

   [36]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08] [DONE]

 

     [36] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minutes.html#action08

 

wiki pages for capturing relevant links and ideas

 

   <michaelp> A few data sets are on the Linked Data cloud.

 

   <marcia> +1 for a list

 

   <rsinger> michaelp: right, but it's not comprehensive

 

   <michaelp> Upper right hand corner.

 

   rsinger: Is there a list of all the library linked data that exists

   in the wild, and if so, it should go in this wiki.

 

   <kcoyle> there is the linked data cloud -- it has some bib data

 

   <marcia> sections on those already there and some are experimenting

 

   <rsinger> michaelp: that appeared in my talk

 

   <michaelp> +1 for a list, plus some basic facts: size, SPARQL

   endpoint, etc.

 

   <jar> agenda:

   [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0016.h

   tml

 

     [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0016.html

 

   <antoine> ACTION: ross to create a page with LLD data sets on the

   wiki [recorded in

   [38]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action11]

 

   <rsinger> i won't be at the f2f, anyway

 

upcoming topics

 

   emma: Technology and best practices, and Community building and

   outreach.... we will discuss next week

 

Summary of Action Items

 

   [NEW] ACTION: first use case call senders to send a reminder to the

   lists they added on

   [39]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists

   [recorded in

   [40]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action02]

   [NEW] ACTION: karen to add short names to the topics page [recorded

   in

   [41]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action09]

   [NEW] ACTION: participants to volunteer as use case 'shepherds' by

   signing their names in

   [42]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_cas

   e_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30 [recorded in

   [43]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08]

   [NEW] ACTION: ross to create a page with LLD data sets on the wiki

   [recorded in

   [44]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/07-lld-minu

   tes.html#action11]

 

     [39] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Dissemination_Lists

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh#Use_case_discussion_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30

 

   [PENDING] ACTION: emma, kcoyle, GordonD, Marcia, bvatant to

   structure the discussion of use cases in light of the topic list

   [recorded in

   [45]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minu

   tes.html#action01]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Topic owners to check table and think about

   supplying additional use-cases [recorded in

   [46]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action04]

   [PENDING] ACTION: Use-case owner(s) to check table and matches

   [recorded in

   [47]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action03]

 

     [45] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/23-lld-minutes.html#action01

     [46] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action04

     [47] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action03

 

   [DONE] ACTION: Alexander to create wiki page for identifying

   requirements [recorded in

   [48]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action06]

   [DONE] ACTION: Any proposed changes to agenda for joint meeting with

   DC Architecture Forum

   ([49]http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010), please email

   TomB [recorded in

   [50]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action01]

   [DONE] ACTION: Everyone to elaborate on topics in the wiki [recorded

   in

   [51]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minu

   tes.html#action08]

   [DONE] ACTION: Karen to export spreadsheet, and Asaf to convert to

   wiki table [recorded in

   [52]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minu

   tes.html#action02]

 

     [48] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action06

     [49] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/JointMeeting2010

     [50] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action01

     [51] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/07/08-lld-minutes.html#action08

     [52] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/09/30-lld-minutes.html#action02

 

   [End of minutes]

     _________________________________________________________

 

 

    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [53]scribe.perl version 1.135

    ([54]CVS log)

    $Date: 2010/10/08 19:23:36 $

 

     [53] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm

     [54] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Friday, 8 October 2010 19:59:57 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Friday, 8 October 2010 19:59:58 GMT