Re: [open-bibliography] ANN: British National Bibliography

From: Richard Light <richard@light.demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 17:33:33 +0000
To: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk>
Cc: List for Working Group on Open Bibliographic Data <open-bibliography@lists.okfn.org>, William Waites <ww@eris.okfn.org>, public-lod@w3.org, public-xg-lld@w3.org
In message
<AANLkTik=wVZxFoV7=Ro6UM68+cE8_V-ZHPravxKTnBzH@mail.gmail.com>, Peter
Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk> writes

>On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 4:25 PM, Richard Light <
>richard@light.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>  But is it reliable?  I looked up the book I wrote (Presenting XML, SAMS
>  Net, 1997) and find that it claims it was written by Laura Alschuler.
>  How did that happen?
>
>Richard - we all expect errors in the Bibliography and it's a brave venture
>by the BL to put it out. I expect that it will be a data entry error at some
>stage in the past. the important thing is to develop a culture where the
>identification of errors is welcomed.

Absolutely, though lets hope it's a random error and not something
systematic.  I went to download the file in question to have a look, but
as it's a 450MB XML document, which Firefox is gallantly trying to load
for me to read, I suspect I will fail.  Any chance of these resources
being offered as zip files?

Richard
--
Richard Light