W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > November 2010

Minutes of 2010-11-18 LLD meeting

From: Anette Seiler <SEILER@hbz-nrw.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 09:12:50 +0100
Message-Id: <4CEA3412020000130003EB85@agrippa.hbz-nrw.de>
To: "public-xg-lld" <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Hi everyone,

The minutes of last Tuesdays' teleconference are at
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.htmlA
text version follows. Kind regardsAnette============== [1]W3C [1]
http://www.w3.org/ LLD XG 18 Nov 2010 [2]Agenda [2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Nov/0084.html See
also: [3]IRC log [3] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-irc Attendees
Present Alex AlexanderH Andras AnetteS Asaf aconstan antoine danbri
digikim edsu emma jeff_ jneubert jodi kai kcoyle kefo ksclarke marcia
mhausenblas michaelp pmurray rayd rsinger TomB Regrets Gordon, Felix,
Karen, Oreste, Monica, Lars, Bernard Chair Antoine Scribe Anette
Contents * [4]Topics 1. [5]Admin 2. [6]Use cases 3. [7]Six clusters 4.
[8]TOPICS 5. [9]Vocabularies 6. [10]Other Wiki Pages - Links,
Glossaries... 7. [11]F2F after SWIB in Cologne * [12]Summary of Action
Items _________________________________________________________
<antoine> Scribe: Anette <antoine> Scribenick: AnetteS Admin Minutes
from last week are posted. <antoine>
[13]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/11/11-lld-minu
tes.html [13]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/11/11-lld-minutes.html
Nobody has objections RESOLUTION: Accept minutes of last week <antoine>
[14]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda [14]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda We have entered
our agenda into a wiki-page as the agenda is very long We have a new
member: Alex Constantin <antoine>
[15]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Nov/0064.h tml
[15] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Nov/0064.html
Alex: at University of Manchester ... building a live topic ontology of
computer science using the conference management system ... interested
in extracting semantic data from bodies of knowledge Antoine welcomes
Alex Use cases Antoine: We have a running action to volunteer for a
cluster <antoine> ACTION: People who were not at the face-to-face
meeting volunteer to join a cluster [recorded in
[16]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03] [DONE] [16]
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03 Six clusters
Antoine asks if a representative from one cluster volunteers for next
week <rsinger> next week is the thanksgiving holiday in the US, btw
<emma> not ready, sorry... <edsu> yeah, i'm not going to be in channel
next week ... discussion can be informal; nothing needs to be polished
... have to discuss clusters to meet deadline at end of december edsu:
exchanged emails about citation cluster for today; not ready yet ...
confused about what we are supposed to be discussing when talking about
cluster <kcoyle> i'm not clear about that either Antoine: Focussing on
issues in the cluster could be subject of discussion. ... what we want
to resolve with the use cases ... find general goals in the use cases
<antoine> [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Goals [17]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Goals Antoine: extract a list
of generic goals from the use cases <antoine>
[18]http://obd.jisc.ac.uk/navigate [18] http://obd.jisc.ac.uk/navigate
Antoine: JISC link: find scenarios for library linked data ... we are
aiming at something similar: scenarios and use cases <kcoyle> i also
like that they present it in a grid -- it's easy to understand koyle:
find goals and link back to use cases ... their goals are more specific
than ours Antoine: Need more discussion on that jodi: compare jisc cases
with ours; refine them <jodi> (refine both ours and potentially theirs)
<Zakim> emma, you wanted to comment on scenarios emma: use cases should
become more abstract scenarios <kcoyle> +1 <jeff_> +1 emma: then they
can be part of the report ... have one or two scenarios per cluster
<edsu> +1 <Asaf> +1 re UC abstraction. ACTION: Antoine to ask Monica to
lead discussion about JISC use cases [recorded in
[19]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action03] [19]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action03 Antoine: need
shepherds for a few use cases ... who will volunteer : need 2 shepherds
... 1. Bridging OWL and UML Jeff: it is not really a use case, more a
way of thinking about it ... it can be on its own wiki page, but not as
a use case TomB: alternative proposal: let Jeff shepherd his own use
case <Zakim> TomB, you wanted to propose that we bend rules and let Jeff
shepherd the OWL and UML use case Jeff: thats okay <Zakim> emma, you
wanted to ask if it fits a cluster Jeff: Could be part of vocabulary
alignment <marcia> I think that is a good idea <marcia> +Jeff <marcia> I
think it is a higher level, abstract approach <marcia> to vocabulary
alignment ACTION: Antoine to put use case Bridging OWL and UML to
Vocabulary Alignment [recorded in
[20]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action04] [20]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action04 <emma> Action 4
done (just moved it on
[21]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases) [21]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases) Antoine:2. Use
case: Academic documents: volunteers? Andras volunteers Antoine: in
which cluster should the UC be moved? ACTION: People who didn't attend
the face‑to‑face should volunteer to shepherd a new use case ‑‑ i.e.,
the cases marked "needs shepherd" in --DONE [DONE] [recorded in
[22]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action05] [22]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action05 TOPICS Antoine:
do we want to keep track of all discussions in relation to Topics ...
should we link between topics and discussions on the list or is it too
much work? TomB: we have a lot of valuable discussion on the list, but
we should keep an eye on our goals ... discussions should be boiled down
to a statement of the problem; summarize the state of discussion and
solution ... link to thread in mailing list ... our final report should
be more general than the specifics of the discussion <kcoyle> agree
TomB: summary of discussions and leave details on mailing list Jeff:
example: VIAF modelling choices; discussion helped in thinking about it
... importance of consensus in modelling choices <emma> ... someone will
have to explain the result & how the decision was made <emma> Jeff: I'm
willing to write a document Emma: keeping track of discussion: linking
from Wiki pages could be done on the fly, not later TomB: propose to
summarize discussions in one or two paragraphs that could be used in
report ... as examples of the dialogs that need to be made <Asaf> I
think the VIAF dilemmas (polylemma?) are and would remain typical for
implementations of LLD in the coming couple of years. Jeff: agrees
ACTION: Jeff to write one or two paragraphs on VIAF design discussions
[recorded in [23]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action06]
[23] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action06 <emma> I
suggest that when we spot sth relevant, we link it from the
corresponding topic page on the wiki <kcoyle> i agree with tomB that we
need to keep our eye on our specific goals <jodi> emma++ <jodi> kcoyle:
agreed -- our time is getting short Antoine: if someone finds a relevant
thread to associate to a topic, please link to topic <emma> kcoyle++
<kcoyle> ok <antoine> ACTION: GordonD and Antoine to study use cases
that relate to vocabulary merging use case [recorded in
[24]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minu
tes.html#action01] [CONTINUES] [24]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action01
<antoine> ACTION: Jeff to review the UK eGovernment document on
identifiers. [recorded in
[25]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minu
tes.html#action03] [DONE] [25]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action03
<antoine> See Jeff's post:
[26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Nov/0111.html
[26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Nov/0111.html
Jeff would like feedback on it Antoine: point from the topic to the
discussion <marcia> +Jeff ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate
on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linked data with
caching feature [recorded in
[27]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24‑lld‑minu
tes.html#action04] [CONTINUES] [27]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24 ACTION: Emma and
Antoine to create use case DATA.SEARCH‑OPTIMIZATION [recorded in
[28]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24‑lld‑minu
tes.html#action06] [CONTINUES] [28]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24 <digikim> jeff_:
I'll take a look at the issue of URIs, might have some comments based on
our experiences in Finland <jeff_> digikim: thanks! Vocabularies
Antoine: in F2F meeting: long discussion in vocabulary design <kcoyle> i
don't remember that... Antoine: has this been captured in the F2F
outcomes? Emma: Yes, has been captured ... and distributed ACTION: for
each use case champion: on the Vocabularies page, link to each URL use
case that uses it [recorded in
[29]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23‑lld‑minu
tes.html#action01] [CONTINUES] [29]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23 Other wiki pages
ACTION: William: to summarize options for using CKAN to the list, before
next concall [recorded in
[30]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/11‑lld‑minutes.html#action01]
[CONTINUES] [30] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/11 Cannot discuss other
points. Will discuss next time F2F after SWIB in Cologne Joachim has
send an email and asked who will attend the meeting scribe: at the
moment: eight participants ... should work out an agenda what to discuss
... maybe: where are open ends? Antoine: will be an informal meeting ...
don't need a formal agenda <Asaf> +1 People who shall participate at
SWIB please stay on after the teleconference to discuss meeting TomB:
proposes that Zakim be reserved for informal meeting <Zakim> TomB, you
wanted to propose that Zakim be reserved for the informal meeting for
purposes of scribing Antoine: adjourns the teleconference <jodi> thanks!
Summary of Action Items [NEW] ACTION: Antoine to ask Monica to lead
discussion about JISC use cases [recorded in
[31]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action03] [NEW]
ACTION: Jeff to write one or two paragraphs on VIAF design discussions
[recorded in [32]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action06]
[31] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action03 [32]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action06 [PENDING] ACTION:
Karen and Emma to curate archive cluster for end of december [recorded
in [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minu
tes.html#action02] [PENDING] ACTION: Antoine and Michael to curate
vocabulary alignment cluster for end of december [recorded in
[34]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minu
tes.html#action07] [PENDING] ACTION: Gordon and Martin to curate
bibliographic data cluster for end of december [recorded in
[35]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minu
tes.html#action05] [PENDING] ACTION: Jeff and Alexander to curate
authority data cluster for end of december [recorded in
[36]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minu
tes.html#action06] [PENDING] ACTION: Kai and Ed to curate citations
cluster for end of december [recorded in
[37]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minu
tes.html#action03] [PENDING] ACTION: Mark (and Jodi and Asaf) to curate
digital objects cluster for end of december [recorded in
[38]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minu
tes.html#action04] [PENDING] ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP
elaborate on general purpose IT architecture for dealing with linkeddata with caching feature [recorded in
[39]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24‑lld‑minu
tes.html#action04] [PENDING] ACTION: Emma and Antoine to create use case
DATA.SEARCH-OPTIMIZATION [recorded in
[40]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24‑lld‑minu
tes.html#action06] [PENDING] ACTION: for each use case champion: on the
Vocabularies page, link to each URL use case that uses it [recorded in
[41]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23‑lld‑minu
tes.html#action01] [PENDING] ACTION: GordonD and Antoine to study use
cases that relate to vocabulary merging use case [recorded in
[42]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minu
tes.html#action01] [PENDING] ACTION: William: to summarize options for
using CKAN to the list, before next concall [recorded in
[43]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/11‑lld‑minutes.html#action01] [33]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action02
[34]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action07
[35]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action05
[36]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action06
[37]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action03
[38]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action04
[39]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24%E2%80%91lld%E2%80%91minutes.html#action04
[40]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24%E2%80%91lld%E2%80%91minutes.html#action06
[41]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23%E2%80%91lld%E2%80%91minutes.html#action01
[42]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action01
[43]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/11%E2%80%91lld%E2%80%91minutes.html#action01
[DONE] ACTION: Antoine to put use case Bridging OWL and UML to
Vocabulary Alignment [recorded in
[44]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action04] [DONE]
ACTION: Jeff to review the UK eGovernment document on identifiers.
[recorded in
[45]http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minu
tes.html#action03] [DONE] ACTION: People who didn't attend the
face‑to‑face should volunteer to shepherd a new use case ‑‑ i.e.,
the cases marked "needs shepherd" in [recorded in
[46]http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action05] [DONE]
ACTION: People who were not at the face-to-face meeting volunteer to
join a cluster [recorded in
[47]http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03] [End of
minutes] _________________________________________________________ [44]
http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action04 [45]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action03
[46] http://www.w3.org/2010/11/18-lld-minutes.html#action05 [47]
http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03 Minutes formatted
by David Booth's [48]scribe.perl version 1.135 ([49]CVS log) $Date:
2010/11/21 18:30:34 $ [48]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm [49]
http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/ 
Received on Monday, 22 November 2010 08:13:42 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 22 November 2010 08:13:43 GMT