W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > November 2010

Re: Agenda - Nov 18 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT

From: <gordon@gordondunsire.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 15:24:58 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1751112924.344903.1290007499035.JavaMail.open-xchange@oxltgw17.schlund.de>
All:


I will not be able to attend this telecon - I will be at the Eurovoc conference
in Luxembourg.
 
Cheers
 
Gordon

 

On 17 November 2010 at 15:17 Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:

> Agenda - Nov 18 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1000 EDT
>
> Time - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons#Connection_info
>       http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/teleconference-calendar.html#s_4061
>       0700 Seattle - 1000 New York - 1500 London - 1600 Paris - 2300 Kuala
>Lumpur
>       0000 Tokyo - 0200 Sydney (next day)
>
> W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
>        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/              - home page
>        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/         - wiki
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/ - group list
>        http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/    - community list
>
> LLD XG telecons:
>        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>        Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and
>            persons invited by chairs.
>
> Chair: Antoine
> Scribe: Anette
>        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty
>        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/Scribing.html (how to)
>        http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed#Nicknames
>
> Regrets:
>
> ======================================================================
> ADMIN
>
> -- Telecons - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
>
>       PROPOSED: To accept minutes of previous telecon:
>       http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/11/04-lld-minutes.html
>
>       Upcoming next telecons, with scheduled chairs and regrets received:
>           2010-11-25 Emmanuelle - Regrets: Ray, Tom
>
>    Note: running agenda at
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RunningAgenda
>
> ======================================================================
> PITTSBURGH MEETING - RESULTS
>
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes
>
>     Use Cases
>     Vocabularies
>          Vocabulary production and curation
>          Use of vocabularies
>          Vocabulary development
>     Things that should be covered by use cases
>     Issues identified as requirements and recommendations for further work
>     Deliverables that the XG should achieve within its lifetime
>
>   -> Draft outline for final report, to discuss during telecon
>   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/FinalReportOutline
>
> ======================================================================
> USE CASES AND CASE STUDIES
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases - all use cases are
>linked here
>
> -- PROPOSED: To close the following action:
>
> ACTION: People who were not at the face-to-face meeting volunteer to join a
> cluster [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03]
>
> -- SIX CLUSTERS
>
>       -- Bibliographic data: curators Gordon, Martin
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Bibliographic_data
>
>       -- Authority data: curators Jeff, Alex
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Authority_data
>
>       -- Vocabulary alignment: curators Antoine, Michael
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Vocabulary_alignment
>
>       -- Archives and heterogeneous data: curators Karen, Emmanuelle
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Archives_and_heterogeneous_data
>
>       -- Citations: curators Ed, Kai, Peter
>          http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Citations
>
>       -- Digital objects: curators Mark, Jodi, Asaf
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Cluster:_Digital_objects
>         
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Cluster_Digital_Objects#Minutes_2010-11-03
>
> -- GOALS
>      http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Goals
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> USE CASE ACTIONS
>
> ACTION: People who didn't attend the face-to-face should volunteer to shepherd
> a new use case -- i.e., the cases marked "needs shepherd" in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action06]
>
> Use Case AuthorClaim
>    - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_AuthorClaim [ask
>Karen]
> Use Case Bridging OWL and UML
>    - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Bridging_OWL_and_UML
> Use Case Editing reports on new academic documents
>    -
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Editing_reports_on_new_academic_documents
> Use Case Ontology of Cantabria's Cultural Heritage
>    -
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Case_Ontology_of_Cantabria%27s_Cultural_Heritage
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> TOPICS
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/TopicsDiscussed
>
> -- Topics discussed at F2F
>   
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Use_cases_.26_Topics_9:00-10:30_.2B_11:00-12:30
>
> -- Do we want to keep track of all discussions in relation to Topics?  How?
> --> E.g., VIAF modeling choices
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Oct/0107.html
>
> ACTION: GordonD and Antoine to study use cases that relate to vocabulary
> merging use case [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action01]
>
> ACTION: Jeff to review the UK eGovernment document on identifiers.  [recorded
> in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action03]
> -> See Jeff's post:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Nov/0111.html
>
> ACTION: Alex, Jeff, Martin, MichaelP elaborate on general purpose IT
> architecture for dealing with linked data with caching feature [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action04]
>
> ACTION: Emma and Antoine to create use case DATA.SEARCH-OPTIMIZATION [recorded
> in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/24-lld-minutes.html#action06]
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> VOCABULARIES
>
> -- Listed on
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Vocabularies
>
>     -- Vocabularies discussion during F2F
>       
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#vocs -
>minutes
>       
>http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Vocabularies_14:00-15:30_.2B_16:00-17:30
>        -- topics for vocabularies
>
> --> minutes say that some topics (re. vocabulary design best practices (and
> hosting))
> could be deliverables ("let's make this part of the deliverables discussion").
> Is
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Deliverables_that_the_XG_should_achieve_within_its_lifetime
> in line?
>
> ACTION: for each use case champion: on the Vocabularies page, link to each URL
> use case that uses it [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#action01]
>
>
> ======================================================================
> OTHER WIKI PAGES - LINKS, GLOSSARIES...
>
> -- Datasets - (should refer to CKAN pages or group?)
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_data_in_Semantic_Web_formats
>
> ACTION: William: to summarize options for using CKAN to the list, before next
> concall [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/11/11-lld-minutes.html#action01]
>
> -- Library terminology informally explained (Karen)
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Library_terminology_informally_explained
>
> -- Library data resources and terminology (Karen)
>     http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Library_Data_Resources
>
> -- Semantic Web Terminology (Karen and others?)
>     http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/Semantic_Web_terminology
>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Oct/0124.html -
> discussion on "vocabularies"
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Nov/0109.html - goal of
> these pages?
>
> ======================================================================
> UPCOMING FACE-TO-FACE MEETING AT SWIB10 IN COLOGNE
>       Cologne - http://swib.org/swib10/
>       -- Informal meeting of XG members at SWBIB 2010 on
>          the morning of 1 December - contact Joachim Neubert
><J.Neubert@zbw.eu>
>
>   possible attendees: http://www.doodle.com/tdxwapytnxrsm4tm
>
> ======================================================================
> AOB
>
Received on Wednesday, 17 November 2010 15:25:35 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 17 November 2010 15:25:35 GMT