W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > November 2010

Re: Volunteers to shepherd individual use cases and curate clusters

From: <gordon@gordondunsire.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:23:04 +0000 (GMT)
To: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, Kim Viljanen <kim.viljanen@tkk.fi>
Cc: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Message-ID: <1474519336.96031.1289409784831.JavaMail.open-xchange@oxltgw02.schlund.de>
Antoine, Kim:


I'm sure a member of the (RDA TG intersection LLDXG) will be involved; if not
Jon, me.
 
Jon: what do you think?
 
Cheers
 
Gordon

 

On 10 November 2010 at 16:41 Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:

> Kim,
>
> By the way the F2F we had quite a discussion on vocabulary registries [1]. One
> of the outcomes is that this was a topic of great potential interest, but
> which needs to be further substantiated by use case(s) [2]:
>
> > DATA.VOCABS: need a use case for registries (RDA task group ?) - also
> > includes : DATA.OBSOLETE-VOCABS, DATA.CHANGES, DATA-DISSEMINATION,
> > DATA.VERSIONING, DATA.ONTOLOGY-DISCOVERY
>
>
> Given the experience your group has with developing ontologies/vocabularies
> and putting them in reference services, Perhaps you or other people from your
> group could be involved here (with someone else from the XG involved in this
> RDA task group?).
>
> Cheers,
>
> Antoine
>
> [1] (last part of)
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#vocs
> [2]
> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Things_that_should_be_covered_by_use_cases
>
> > Hello Antoine & all,
> >
> > I tried to search for additional information on what shepherds should do in
> > practice, but didn't find such information in wiki or in the minutes...
> > Could you shortly describe what the shepherd should do and deliver? What is
> > the schedule?
> >
> > (Our research group could give valuable input in analyzing e.g. the Cultural
> > Heritage case, but need some details of the shepherd tasks to be able to
> > sell this to the correct person.)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Kim
> >
> > On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> >
> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> In the call today there were two elements we'd like to draw everyone's
> >> attention on:
> >>
> >> 1.On:
> >> ACTION: People who were not at the face-to-face meeting volunteer to join a
> >> cluster [recorded in
> >> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03]
> >>
> >> The idea is to leaving the opportunity for these who were not at the F2F
> >> and would be really interested in one of the clusters at [1] to participate
> >> to this effort. But we do have curators for the clusters already; it is not
> >> vital that many new volunteers join to curate them. As a consequence, we'd
> >> like to close the action during next week's call!
> >>
> >> 2.
> >> ACTION: People who didn't attend the face-to-face should volunteer to
> >> shepherd a new use case. [recorded in
> >> http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action06]
> >>
> >> We did not decide on this in the call, but it is getting quite urgent: it
> >> would be great if we could have a small intro for these cases one day.
> >> Cluster curators may also need to discuss with the shepherds for individual
> >> cases. And we don't want these who were at the F2F to take even more work
> >> on their shoulders!
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>
> >> Antoine
> >>
> >> [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases#Cases
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >
> > Kim.Viljanen@tkk.fi | +358-(0)40-5414654 | http://www.seco.tkk.fi/u/kimvilja
> > Semantic Computing Research Group
> > Aalto University, School of Science and Technology, Department of Media
> > Technology
> > P.O. Box 15500, FI-00076 Aalto, Finland
> > Map: http://www.seco.tkk.fi/contact/
> > Have you tasted the Semantic Web? Check: http://www.seco.tkk.fi
> >
>
>
Received on Wednesday, 10 November 2010 17:23:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 10 November 2010 17:23:41 GMT