W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > November 2010

Re: Volunteers to shepherd individual use cases and curate clusters

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 17:41:47 +0100
Message-ID: <4CDACB4B.4070008@few.vu.nl>
To: Kim Viljanen <kim.viljanen@tkk.fi>
CC: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Kim,

By the way the F2F we had quite a discussion on vocabulary registries [1]. One of the outcomes is that this was a topic of great potential interest, but which needs to be further substantiated by use case(s) [2]:

> DATA.VOCABS: need a use case for registries (RDA task group ?) - also includes : DATA.OBSOLETE-VOCABS, DATA.CHANGES, DATA-DISSEMINATION, DATA.VERSIONING, DATA.ONTOLOGY-DISCOVERY


Given the experience your group has with developing ontologies/vocabularies and putting them in reference services, Perhaps you or other people from your group could be involved here (with someone else from the XG involved in this RDA task group?).

Cheers,

Antoine

[1] (last part of) http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/10/23-lld-minutes.html#vocs
[2] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F_Pittsburgh_Outcomes#Things_that_should_be_covered_by_use_cases

> Hello Antoine & all,
>
> I tried to search for additional information on what shepherds should do in practice, but didn't find such information in wiki or in the minutes... Could you shortly describe what the shepherd should do and deliver? What is the schedule?
>
> (Our research group could give valuable input in analyzing e.g. the Cultural Heritage case, but need some details of the shepherd tasks to be able to sell this to the correct person.)
>
> Regards,
> Kim
>
> On Thu, 4 Nov 2010, Antoine Isaac wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> In the call today there were two elements we'd like to draw everyone's attention on:
>>
>> 1.On:
>> ACTION: People who were not at the face-to-face meeting volunteer to join a cluster [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action03]
>>
>> The idea is to leaving the opportunity for these who were not at the F2F and would be really interested in one of the clusters at [1] to participate to this effort. But we do have curators for the clusters already; it is not vital that many new volunteers join to curate them. As a consequence, we'd like to close the action during next week's call!
>>
>> 2.
>> ACTION: People who didn't attend the face-to-face should volunteer to shepherd a new use case. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/10/28-lld-minutes.html#action06]
>>
>> We did not decide on this in the call, but it is getting quite urgent: it would be great if we could have a small intro for these cases one day. Cluster curators may also need to discuss with the shepherds for individual cases. And we don't want these who were at the F2F to take even more work on their shoulders!
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Antoine
>>
>> [1] http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Use_Cases#Cases
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
> Kim.Viljanen@tkk.fi | +358-(0)40-5414654 | http://www.seco.tkk.fi/u/kimvilja
> Semantic Computing Research Group
> Aalto University, School of Science and Technology, Department of Media Technology
> P.O. Box 15500, FI-00076 Aalto, Finland
> Map: http://www.seco.tkk.fi/contact/
> Have you tasted the Semantic Web? Check: http://www.seco.tkk.fi
>
Received on Wednesday, 10 November 2010 16:41:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 10 November 2010 16:41:47 GMT