W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-xg-lld@w3.org > June 2010

Agenda - Jun 24 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 08:32:30 +0200
Message-ID: <4C21AA7E.9040903@few.vu.nl>
To: public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Agenda - Jun 24 2010 - LLD XG telecon - 1400 UTC

W3C Library Linked Data Incubator group:
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/ (home page)
    http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ (wiki)
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/ (group list)
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/ (community list)

    Time:    0700 Seattle / 1000 New York / 1500 London / 1600 Paris /
2200 Kuala Lumpur / 2300 Tokyo / 2400 Sydney
    Dial-in: Boston: +1-617-761-6200,
             Nice: +33-4-8906-3499 , Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
            (BE CAREFUL: European numbers may not be working)
    Call code: 55394# ("LLDXG")
    IRC:     irc://irc.w3.org:6665/lld (member-only),
             http://www.w3.org/2001/01/cgi-irc (Web client), channel "lld"
    LLD XG telecons: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Telecons
    Attendance is restricted to registered XG participants and persons
invited by chairs.

Chair:  Antoine
Scribe: TBD
-- http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ScribeDuty (see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Scribing.html)
Regrets: Ray, Tom, Andras, Ed, Karen, Ross, Herbert

=====================================
1. Administrative

-- Minutes of previous telecon
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html

-- Change in policy: not send minutes to public-lld while they've not been approved in the next call
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Jun/0099.html

-- Introductions:

ACTION: All group members should please post an introduction to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action01]

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Jun/0029.html
-> Jodi's page to gather introductions:
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/ParticipantIntroductions

-- F2F meeting @Pittsburgh
ACTION: ALL: group members please indicate your availability for the proposed F2F meeting in a Doodle poll: http://www.doodle.com/gaipzmfc7xp9f4zq  [recorded in  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/10-lld-minutes.html#action08]

-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/F2F
Current planning is:
- 23 and 24 October
- 19 probable attendees, with possibly three or four more?

-- Summer teleconferences schedule. 2 meetings cancelled (2010-07-22 and 2010-08-12)
    2010-07-08 - Antoine
    2010-07-29 - Emmanuelle
    2010-08-19 - Tom
    2010-08-26 - Antoine
    Weekly calls will resume in September.

-> Expected participation: see http://www.doodle.com/hvwb4fe4x2kdq3cy

--  (Twitter) Branding: #lldata? lldxg?
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-lld/2010Jun/0101.html

=====================================
2. Use cases and case studies

ACTION: All to comment on the template http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Use_Case_template [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html#action06]

See mail report from Kai :
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Jun/0032.html

Timeline:
* Until June 30th: Public comments on the mailing list
* July 1st: Summary of the comments and preliminary decisions.
* Until July 7th: Finalizing of the template
* July 8th: Final decision.
* Rest of the summer: gathering and development of use cases.

Poll for volunteers: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/UseCases#Poll_for_volunteers
- contributors of cases?
- editors of cases?

Choice between filling the use cases ourselves & sending out a call.

=====================================
3. Topics
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics

ACTION: ALL: Edit the topics for our work at the wiki: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Topics [recorded in  http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/03-lld-minutes.html#action02]

Cf. last week's call: topic list should be cleaned and will serve as basis for "analysis grid" for use cases. Do we need to appoint a curator?

=====================================
4. Demos
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Presentations

=====================================
5. Technology and best practices
   
-- Assessment of technology pieces and vocabularies
   http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/Technology
   "A document that describes relevant technology pieces, including
   vocabularies and ontologies (e.g., SKOS), with the intended goal
   to identify extension or interoperability requirements, and help
   determine what other standards may be needed."

-- incubate best practices
-> See discussion thread starting at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Jun/0033.html

Are we in line?

=====================================
5. Other topics

-- Community building and outreach - http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/wiki/RelatedGroups
-> Dormant, see 2010-06-17 agenda and discussion at
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/lld/minutes/2010/06/17-lld-minutes.html#item03

-- Events where members attend or present the group
-> section on the wiki?
Linked Library Data Un-Meeting @ ALA Annual - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Jun/0047.html
Linked Data for cultural heritage London - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-lld/2010Jun/0042.html

-- Feedback on groups' life and process, e.g., telecons.

-- AOB
Received on Wednesday, 23 June 2010 07:40:23 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Wednesday, 23 June 2010 07:40:24 GMT