Introduction

From: Jonathan Rees <jar@creativecommons.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 15:53:36 -0400
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Hi - I'm Jonathan Rees and I work for Creative Commons (but based at
MIT).  I'm looking at the use of web standards in the service of
scientific work, especially in biomedicine and biodiversity
informatics.  Recently I've been trying to understand what constitutes
good practice for RDF, OWL, and RDFa in scholarly publications,
including published data sets, and what these standards imply for the
Web architecture of citation, preservation, and persistent linking.
I've been lurking in the pedantic-web and open-bibliography groups.

I'm a member of the W3C Technical Architecture Group and in that
capacity I work on naming, persistence, web metadata, and security
issues. My background is in computer science and the software and
pharma industries.

Project pages: http://neurocommons.org/, http://sharedname.org/

- Jonathan