AW: Introductions

From: Neubert Joachim <J.Neubert@zbw.eu>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 08:34:24 +0200
To: "Antoine Isaac" <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
Hi all,

my name is Joachim Neubert. I'm working in Hamburg at the German
National Library of Economics (ZBW) - Leibniz Centre for Economics as an
IT developer. Before this, for 20 years I was in charge of the IT in the
information department of a big newspaper publishing company, concerned
mainly with databases, information retrieval and web applications.

My first task after I joined ZBW in October 2008 was to put the STW
Thesaurus for Economics on to the Web. I found SKOS a well fitting
standardized format and RDFa a good way to put it into a web application
(http://zbw.eu/stw). Now, among other things, I'm working on the ZBW
newspaper archives, where I use OAI-ORE as the central vocab for
organizing the collections (prototype at http://zbw.eu/beta/pm20).
Starting on 2011, we plan to publish lots of records data as Linked Open
Data, using the authority files as a backbone for interlinking.

Together with Anette Seiler from hbz I organized the first German
Library Conference on the Semantic Web (SWIB09), which will take place
this year as well (http://swib.org).

In W3C this is my first activity, so I'm quit excited and looking
forward to contribute.

Cheers, Joachim