Introduction

From: Carlo Meghini <carlo.meghini@isti.cnr.it>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2010 17:17:45 +0200
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Hello

I am Carlo Meghini [1] from CNR ISTI [2]. I am a researcher in the area of digital libraries and digital preservation. I have worked in several European projects (BRICKS, CASPAR, DELOS) and I am currently participating to Europeana version 1.0 as a co-wp leader on the functional specifications. My background is in knowledge representation and information retrieval. I do some theoretical research also. I have never been involved with the W3C, but through some fellows collaborating in Europeana I came closer to the Linked Data idea, hence to this group.

Carlo

[1] http://pc-erato2.iei.pi.cnr.it/meghini/index.html
[2] http://www.isti.cnr.it/ThematicAreas/Knowledge/nmis-lab/
Carlo Meghini
Istituto di Scienza e Tecnologie della Informazione [ ISTI ]
Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche [ CNR ]
Via G. Moruzzi, 1 - 56124 Pisa - Italy
Tel: +39 050 3152893       E-Mail: Carlo.Meghini@isti.cnr.it
Fax: +39 050 3153464       Web: nmis.isti.cnr.it/meghini/