Re: Introductions

From: Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 10:32:58 -0400
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org
Hi!

I'm Ross Singer, I work for Talis [1] (my actual job title is
"Interoperability and Open Standards Champion", but don't get distracted by
that), although I am based in the U.S.  I mainly focus on the library domain
(although this sometimes includes higher ed and publishing) centering mostly
around improving access to library data.  For the last year+, I have been
exploring ways to help bootstrap a linked library data cloud, trying to find
ways to easily get libraries to consume and contribute to it, and find the
linkages between library data sets and external data sets.  Some of the
projects include LCSubjects.org [2,3], MARC codes [4], LinkedLCCN [5,6], and
Linked VuFind [7].

I am hopeful that this group can both help provide some realistic guidance
and recommendations towards the modeling of library-centric data (for my
benefit also!) as well as identify data sets and sources that would be the
most beneficial to moving forward.

Thanks,
-Ross.

1. http://talis.com/