RE: Institutional Identifier (I2) comments (was: RE: Institutional Identifier Re: [Digipres] NISO Seeking Feedback on ...)

Please ignore my earlier suggestion for Linked Data/NISO Institution
Identifiers. I made a wrong assumption.

As a more realistic proposal, I converted the NISO I2 metadata element
set to OWL (i2.owl) and mocked up some RDF for a sample institution that
could be stored in their registry (about.rdf). A UML class diagram for
the OWL is also attached. Here's how I suggest the institution
identifier behave according to Linked Data:

http://i2.niso.org/institution/1 (303 redirect to...)

http://i2.niso.org/institution/1/ (content-negotiate to...)

http://i2.niso.org/institution/1/default.html (A human-readable
representation)

http://i2.niso.org/institution/1/about.rdf (see the attached about.rdf)

I used a sequential number as the opaque institution ID and guessed on
the http://i2.niso.org/institution/ part. There are various details
worth quibbling about.

Sorry for the confusion.

Jeff