From: public-media-annotation-request@w3.org [mailto:public-media-annotation-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Young,Jeff (OR)
Sent: lundi, 26. juillet 2010 20:09
To: Felix Sasaki; public-media-annotation@w3.org
Cc: Karen Coyle; public-xg-lld@w3.org
Subject: RE: Ontology for Media Resource 1.0

Felix,

The ontology's definition for "media resource" says:

A media resource is any physical or logical Resource that can be identified using a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI), as defined by [RFC 3986]) , which has or is related to one or more media content types.
<http://www.w3.org/TR/mediaont-10/#media-resource>

Where is the definition for "logical resource"? How should HTTP URIs for logical vs. physical resources behave at the protocol level? This ontology's focus on API use-cases involving "stored digital media" creates blind-spots for how it could be formulated for use by everyone. Please don't invent the concept of "media resource" because the concepts of media type and resource are already well defined in Web standards. Change the ontology to account for Linked Data instead.

Jeff