MARC Codes for Forms of Musical Composition

From: Ross Singer <ross.singer@talis.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 17:00:13 -0400
To: public-xg-lld@w3.org, List for Working Group on Open Bibliographic Data <open-bibliography@lists.okfn.org>
Hi everybody,

I just wanted to let people know I've made the MARC codes for forms of
musical compositions (
http://www.loc.gov/standards/valuelist/marcmuscomp.html) available as
http://purl.org/ontology/mo/Genres.

http://purl.org/NET/marccodes/muscomp/

They follow the same naming convention as they would in the MARC 008 or 047,
so it's easy to map (that is, no lookup needed) from your MARC data:

http://purl.org/NET/marccodes/muscomp/sy#genre

etc.

The RDF is available as well:
http://purl.org/NET/marccodes/muscomp/sy.rdf

I'd love any feedback/suggestions/corrections/etc.

Also, you can look around to see MARC country codes, geographic area codes
and language codes.  Eventually I would like to get all of the MARC codes
(not already modeled by LC) in there (
http://www.loc.gov/standards/valuelist/).

Thanks,
-Ross.