Re: Clarify Goal descriptions

From: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 14:49:13 -0500
To: Jodi Schneider <jodi.schneider@deri.org>
Cc: Emmanuelle Bermes <emmanuelle.bermes@bnf.fr>, Mark van Assem <mam500@vu.nl>, Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, public-xg-lld <public-xg-lld@w3.org>
On Fri, Dec 03, 2010 at 07:26:18PM +0000, Jodi Schneider wrote:
> REUSE-SCHEMAS: reuse existing RDF schemas {FOAF, ORE, ...} that represent metadata element sets in publishing the data as RDF

If we are indeed leaning towards "metadata element sets"
as opposed to "element vocabularies", how about calling
this one "REUSE-ELEMENTS"?

I think of RDF schemas as files containing RDF serializations,
and I do not think the point here is that _files_ are
being reused.  Rather, it is properties and classes that
are being reused.  If we intend the "elements" in "metadata
element sets" to refer to properties and classes, then we
can use it in the same sense here.

Tom Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>